Pro Wrestling Only

WWE HOF: Who's next, who's left?

sek69

I doubt the Bulldogs will ever go in. Dynamite showing up in a wheelchair to accept for his partner who is dead doesn't really look great in a Post Wellness Policy World.

They should induct Neidhart before it's too late, imo.

I think they'll induct Davey and Neidhart someday. Neither are really HOFers, but that doesn't really matter here. Besides, Diana Hart-Smith is on good terms with Vince, last I checked. Plus his son is working for them. I don't see why they won't induct Davey alone. Dynamite? Nuh-uh.

That's really not that important these days, Al. WWE has a monopoly, marketing rights, and tape libraries, and therefore owns the majority of wrestling history. They said a few years ago they wanted to make the HOF more inclusive, because it was their responsibility to maintain history.

True. Abby's just a real odd choice for the aforementioned reason, plus they have Terry Funk sitting right around if they need. I'm not certain how your average WWE fan would take to seeing guys inducted whose work is 50% Japan.

HHH doesn't like garbage wrestling or black people but Abby seems like a good candidate. You can have a Foley speech, sell a DVD, have him come out on RAw to dance with Godfather's ho train, etc---all the things you want out of a WWE HOF candidate.

I chuckled at the garbage wrestling or black people line. But this induction would be awesome. Also, Abby attacking Dusty with a fork would be great.

HHH doesn't like garbage wrestling or black people but Abby seems like a good candidate. You can have a Foley speech, sell a DVD, have him come out on RAw to dance with Godfather's ho train, etc---all the things you want out of a WWE HOF candidate.

Except that he has NEVER appeared in WWE. Not even for an old timer's battle royal like Lou Thesz.

Was The Sheik ever in WWWF? They put him in, I think as much for the Sabu/RVD connection as anything. If he was there it's not like he was a guy who built his reputation there.

Oh, hi everyone from DVDVR. A lot of rather familiar faces here. Mainly I just lurk here and look over the old WO 1980's recap posts so far.

Except that he has NEVER appeared in WWE. Not even for an old timer's battle royal like Lou Thesz.

Was The Sheik ever in WWWF? They put him in, I think as much for the Sabu/RVD connection as anything. If he was there it's not like he was a guy who built his reputation there.

Oh, hi everyone from DVDVR. A lot of rather familiar faces here. Mainly I just lurk here and look over the old WO 1980's recap posts so far.

Yeah, Sheik feuded with Bruno Sammartino in the 1960s, and if I'm not mistaken they used Sheik to turn Gorilla Monsoon face. Sheik got himself banned from MSG during the Sammartino feud.

Dave says the last inductee, to be announced tonight on ECW, will be Gordon Solie, who I am almost 100% certain never worked for the W/WWF/E in any capacity. For that matter, I pretty sure Verne Gagne didn't, either, and he got in a few years back. This is how they do things now. Abby is as viable a candidate as anyone.

Who did the announcing on the WWF TBS Show after the Black Saturday? That should be the only possible WWF tenure of Solie.

I remember an anecdote (not sure who told it) from a special edition of Meltzer's old eYada show after Solie passed away where one of the guests talked about how viewers complained "we want our wrestlers back, and we want Gordon Solie back," which would seem to suggest it wasn't him. Then again, those could just be old, foggy wrestler memories, so I don't know.