Pro Wrestling Only

WWE HOF: Who's next, who's left?

sek69

Dave mentions in the new WON that since next year's WM is in Texas, it's the likely year for Austin and the Von Erichs to go into the HOF. Who else would you add considering their love for putting people in the HOF based on where the show is being held? I'm thinking maybe the Freebirds can go in too, as well as perhaps Tully Blanchard. He has the Texas cred and also WWE 24/7 running the NWA shows reminding people how awesome he is.

After that, who's left? Mick Foley's the only big name left who's retired and not in. Unless hell freezes over and they mend fences with Bruno, there's really no big names left until guys like Taker, HBK, etc hang it up.

You forgot a certain wrestler turned movie star, who though still young will probably never wrestle again.

I'd imagine the Funk brothers will go in next year, as they're probably the biggest Texan legends still alive.

You forgot a certain wrestler turned movie star, who though still young will probably never wrestle again.

I'd imagine the Funk brothers will go in next year, as they're probably the biggest Texan legends still alive.

Beat me to it. I think they'll go in next year.

I thought that they were going to induct Terry this year, since the latest inductee was announced last night on ECW, but it turned out to be Eddie Graham. So yeah, Funk next year.

I don't even know how WWE would feel about a Stan Hansen induction, but that would be the year to do it, and they've surprised me before.

I think it would also be cool to see Barry Windham (not a HOF-er under normal standards, but if Pete Rose is in, Windham should be also) and Dick Murdoch go in as well.

I think it would also be cool to see Barry Windham (not a HOF-er under normal standards, but if Pete Rose is in, Windham should be also) and Dick Murdoch go in as well.

I realize Windham's a Texan, but it wouldn't shock me if he's a last-minute addition this year, with WrestleMania being in Florida and all.

(They're up to six inductions this year, as the Briscos will be inducted at the same time, so I imagine they'll throw in one or two more.)

I know Backlund turned down an invite a few years ago because he still thinks deep down he has one more big run in him.

I do think even at his age, showing up old and insane and putting the crossface chickenwing on John Cena to launch a feud would be pretty amazing. I like the idea of a Mr. McMahon, Mr. Bob Backlund heel duo quite a bit.

I'd be surprised if Windham and Murdoch don't get in eventually, as I'm sure the road agents from that era will push to get them in.

Really, there's still a plethora of regional stars and mid level national stars from the 80s and 90s that haven't been mentioned yet that could be used to fill up several ceremonies to come. For example, one would guess that the likes of Ivan Koloff, Ricky Steamboat, Ted DiBiase, Rick Rude, Jake Roberts, Jim Duggan, The Honky Tonk Man, Arn Anderson, Brian Pillman, The British Bulldogs, The Road Warriors and Yokozuna are all almost certs to get in eventually, as long as they continue the annual Hall Of Fame tradition.

I doubt the Bulldogs will ever go in. Dynamite showing up in a wheelchair to accept for his partner who is dead doesn't really look great in a Post Wellness Policy World.

They should induct Neidhart before it's too late, imo.

Dynamite showing up in a wheelchair to accept for his partner who is dead doesn't really look great in a Post Wellness Policy World.

That didn't stop them inducting Curt Hennig last year and it doesn't look like it will stop them inducting the Von Erichs next year. If Harry Smith becomes a big star, his dad is going to get in for sure. If they put his dad in, they'll probably try to put Dynamite in at the same time and if he was clever he would put his grudges aside to accept the pay cheque that comes with being inducted.

Not to beat a dead horse, but Savage not being in the WWE HOF when someone like Bob Orton or Paul Orndorff is there is really stupid. Vince apparently gets mad when anyone even brings up his name, and there's a perception that he's psychotic, but they deal with plenty of people who are psychotic.

What makes it even weirder is that he left on good terms. Hennig screwed them over so many times, no-showing several house shows and Survivor Series after the HHH/Mero angle in '96, negotiating with WCW while doing so; walking out when an angle with Luger had been set up for him in '94; and the whole Plane Ride From Hell thing. He was also nowhere near the star Savage was for the company, yet he's in the HOF.

It just further proves that Vince, for whatever reason, often develops a soft spot and loves to give second chances to people who screw him over the most, Lex Luger excluded.

No, I don't think there's anything to the Stephanie McMahon rumor, considering that it was made up by some guy in a DVDVR thread and grew in legend from there. But there has to be more to the relationship they have with Savage than we know, because it just doesn't make any sense.

On another topic, I'm surprised they haven't inducted The Road Warriors.

I think one year WWE should induct 5-10 guys like Lou Thesz, Gorgeous George etc. without ceremony. No point to having one, just a few written words. It'd be a nice gesture and makes things a little more complete. Toots Mondt would fit in the category as well.

HHH doesn't like garbage wrestling or black people but Abby seems like a good candidate. You can have a Foley speech, sell a DVD, have him come out on RAw to dance with Godfather's ho train, etc---all the things you want out of a WWE HOF candidate.

Apparently, there is a legitimate belief within the company that the Stephanie rumor is true. The DVDVR post stemmed from this, not vice versa.

People in the company have believed a lot of nonsensical stuff over the years. It's a delusional business.

John

HHH doesn't like garbage wrestling or black people but Abby seems like a good candidate. You can have a Foley speech, sell a DVD, have him come out on RAw to dance with Godfather's ho train, etc---all the things you want out of a WWE HOF candidate.

Except that he has NEVER appeared in WWE. Not even for an old timer's battle royal like Lou Thesz.

That's really not that important these days, Al. WWE has a monopoly, marketing rights, and tape libraries, and therefore owns the majority of wrestling history. They said a few years ago they wanted to make the HOF more inclusive, because it was their responsibility to maintain history.

Apparently, there is a legitimate belief within the company that the Stephanie rumor is true. The DVDVR post stemmed from this, not vice versa.

People in the company have believed a lot of nonsensical stuff over the years. It's a delusional business.

I know that, I'm just pointing out that for whatever it's worth, the rumor started internally.