Pro Wrestling Only

First round match #22

Loss

Vote for the wrestler that you think had the better career in WWE (whether you base that on impact or match quality is your decision), from 1985 to 2005. Voting will end Tuesday morning. Please give the wrestler's name first and any explanation thereafter. Thanks.

Guest The Man in Blak

Christian

Christian's no slouch, but this wouldn't even be a contest if we were weighing career achievements.

Christian

Christian's been in the company longer, been in far more memorable matches, has had many a successful run in tag teams, and has been a better worker (since Funk's prime was in the 1970s). If we're talking full careers, Funk is clearly better, but Christian gets the nod upon a WWF-only focus. Also, as far as Attitude era goes, the TLC matches were more memorable than the Dumpster matches.

Guest KingPK

Christian.

Funk's WWF tenure just doesn't impress me in the slightest while Christian was involved in the TLC matches, the TIT ladder match in 1999 against the Hardyz, and now is cutting some strong promos which will hopefully set up something good once he heads to SD.

Guest Bruiser Chong

Christian. I can think of few WWF Funk matches that were worth watching more than once. Christian's wrestling has always bored me, but he and Edge made wrestling fun to watch because of their matches and skits in 2000.

Guest teke184

Christian.

Funk loses out because of the WWF limitation. If his other work were considered, he'd wax the floor with Christian.