Pro Wrestling Only

First round match #23

Loss

Vote for the wrestler that you think had the better career in WWE (whether you base that on impact or match quality is your decision), from 1985 to 2005. Voting will end Tuesday morning. Please give the wrestler's name first and any explanation thereafter. Thanks.

Guest The Man in Blak

Diesel

I appreciate the sentiment but, even though Diesel's run in the uppercard was an absolute failure, it's a run on the uppercard. Then again, I haven't seen any of Eadie's work as Masked Superstar.

Guest Hunter's Torn Quad

Demolition Ax

Ax's lengthy run as a major player was better, both in itself and how it related to the rest of the company. Sure Diesel had his run on top, but when you take into account the fallout, I feel it cancels itself out.

Demolition Ax

There's no way I'm voting for the lowest-drawing champion in company history, and the guy who had a trillion injuries on a $600,000 salary in his second run. On the other hand, Demolition had a memorable run as a tag team and while Eadie was well in the twilight of his career, his raspy voiced interviews are a fine memory. The Masked Superstar era is not as good (in my opinion), but still above a guy who as champ damn near brought the company to the ground.

Guest Hunter's Torn Quad

Demolition Ax

There's no way I'm voting for the lowest-drawing champion in company history, and the guy who had a trillion injuries on a $600,000 salary in his second run.

It was $750,000.

Demolition Ax

There's no way I'm voting for the lowest-drawing champion in company history, and the guy who had a trillion injuries on a $600,000 salary in his second run.

It was $750,000.
Jeebus!

(Thanks for the correction, but damn, that's depressing to hear!)

Guest Bruiser Chong

Ax. Diesel got more exposure, but Demolition was just about the hottest thing since Hulkamania during the first couple years of their run in the WWF. They carried an ailing tag team division in later years and while they were Road Warrior knockoffs, their popularity could've been placed on the same level. Diesel was just a guy people liked but who couldn't make the transition to the main event.

Guest teke184

Ax.

Ax was over as a tag champ and enjoyed a reign near the top of the card from 1987 to 1991, even helping to carry the WWF during Ultimate Warrior's sagging WWF title reign. (Warrior couldn't draw as a single, so he was put in six-man matches involving LOD, Ax, Smash, and Crush.)

Diesel was popular but never enough to justify his place on the card, especially given that he was champ for nearly a year from 1994 to 1995. His subsequent run from 2002 to 2004 did him no favors.