Pro Wrestling Only

What does Meltzer have against Backlund?

MikeCampbell

Does Frank even write about wrestling anywhere these days?

Not that I'm aware of unless he's found a new place to talk about it.

Didn't write a lot in 2007 releative to the past, certainly not in the fashion he had.

Mid South, Memphis and Portland would have been interesting things to read his thoughts on.

John

I'm not sure where you think I'm protesting too much. I'm not singing the blues over him splitting.

If he shows up somewhere else to post about Mid South, Memphis and Portland or other wrestling, I certainly would *read* it if someone pointed me to it. Doesn't mean that I want to *talk* to him about those territories, or get in any threads where he's writing about them. I don't.

To the best of my memory (which would be spot on here), the friendship wasn't broken up over "online posts about politics". But nice try, Jim.

John

Frank can totally come across as a prick in the way he expresses his opinions... but on the other hand his opinions are almost always interesting and he is good at explaining and defending them. Overall, I'd say that the wrestling boards I go to are poorer for not having him around.

Guest BilJim2

I'm not sure where you think I'm protesting too much. I'm not singing the blues over him splitting.

If he shows up somewhere else to post about Mid South, Memphis and Portland or other wrestling, I certainly would *read* it if someone pointed me to it. Doesn't mean that I want to *talk* to him about those territories, or get in any threads where he's writing about them. I don't.

To the best of my memory (which would be spot on here), the friendship wasn't broken up over "online posts about politics". But nice try, Jim.

John

That's at least three threads you've continued to talk about your former online partner, who took his ball and went home months ago and thankfully hasn't been heard from again.

The thread this happened in is titled Evil Politics, you dumb fucking dwarf. Spot on indeed...

I like Frank. He has been nothing but kind to me and has turned me on to some great stuff. I think it is well-documented how people feel about him on DVDVR, toa, OLC, etc. No need to carry that on here. If the drama is PWO home grown, that is another story.

With that said, lets keep the drama from other boards on the other boards. BilJim2, you don't like jdw, we get it. Other folks on this board don't either but have been cordial. This goes for anyone... attack the argument, not the poster. If you can't do that, go to another board.

That's at least three threads you've continued to talk about your former online partner, who took his ball and went home months ago and thankfully hasn't been heard from again.

Hell, I still talk about Meltzer and I haven't been friends with him since 1999. I still talk about Scherer, and haven't had any interaction with him in what... seven or eight years? I'm over in the Keller thread talking about Wade, and I haven't talked to him in length in probably seven years or so. The names Mike Lorefice, Mike Oles, James Phillips and Keith Watanabe came up in a PM discussion I was having with someone earlier in the week as a longtime online person and I were talking about the old days.

I'll probably be talking about all of them in ten years, along with Frank. That's just me. I have a decent memory.

Hell, I'll probably be talking about you in a decade as well. Pretty much any time I see your name pop up on boards I go to, funny things like you smacking Frank for needing to get laid pop into my mind, or a rather humorous e-mail discussion you and Scherer were having with a former tOA poster that got forwarded to me pops into the head. Some things tend stick in the head. Well, at least mine.

The thread this happened in is titled Evil Politics, you dumb fucking dwarf. Spot on indeed...

Frank and I hadn't been friends for quite a while before that last thread. I think that just about anyone reading the various threads in that forum across 2007 and early 2008 could pretty clearly see that we didn't like each other at all. That forum simply offered us a chance to take shots at each other and contain it to one section of the boards which most people tend to ignore. Far better than stalking each other across other parts of the board to take shots.

The last thread was simply his blow off. Or so I assume. He wandered off for a while earlier and returned. This looks more permanent, which again is perfectly fine with me.

All that said, I do enjoy reading his writing on wrestling, even the stuff that I don't agree with. If he shows up somewhere else and starts writing about wrestling publically, I'll read it. You've read above other saying that while they might think he's a prick, they still find his wrestling writing interesting. Count me in that group.

I'm also not going to ignore the countless things he's written in the past about wrestling that have impacted how I think about wrestling. That's similar to Meltzer.

John

I've enjoyed reading what Frank has to write, same thing with John. I don't always agree with them, and John can tell you that he and I, and Frank and I, would have our debates.

That's what happens when you discuss wrestling, or any subject, on the Internet. Especially when you are pretty passionate or interested about the subject.

I know from reading Frank's posts that he is very passionate about his beliefs. People just need to take a deep breath, realize he has an opinion that he strongly believes in and feel free to agree or disagree with it.

I've enjoyed reading what Frank has to write, same thing with John. I don't always agree with them, and John can tell you that he and I, and Frank and I, would have our debates.

That's what happens when you discuss wrestling, or any subject, on the Internet. Especially when you are pretty passionate or interested about the subject.

I know from reading Frank's posts that he is very passionate about his beliefs. People just need to take a deep breath, realize he has an opinion that he strongly believes in and feel free to agree or disagree with it.

Totally agree with all of that.

John