Pro Wrestling Only

First round match #25

Loss

Vote for the wrestler that you think had the better career in WWE (whether you base that on impact or match quality is your decision), from 1985 to 2005. Voting will end Tuesday morning. Please give the wrestler's name first and any explanation thereafter. Thanks.

Owen Hart

Owen had a longer WWF career, won more titles, was just as good a worker as Goldust, and had a taste of the main event in 1994. Rhodes' best work was in WCW in the early-mid 90s. His WWF stuff ain't bad, but not enough to top Owen.

Owen Hart

I'm a huge Goldust fan, especially of the stuff he did in 2002 with Booker T, but comparing that to Owen's run on top against Bret and his consistent goodness the entire time he was in the company and you have an easy winner.

Owne Hart

Goldust was a tremendous character, but Own wrestled continuously for WWE from 1992 to 1999. Goldust had a great year in 1996, but then fell into that TAFKA Goldust crap, and never really recovered.

Guest KingPK

Owen Hart

Though Goldust was originally a very edgy and cool character, he kind of ran out of steam and became this weird freakish version of it. I still think about how awesome Owen's matches with guys like Benoit, Jericho and Angle would have been.

Guest teke184

Owen Hart.

Owen wins mainly on workrate, as I think Dustin has the edge on promos (mainly due to what he was allowed to do vs. what Owen was allowed to do after the "I kicked your leg out from your leg" mistake).

Owen wasn't the best on the mic, he was closer to the worst actually, but the guy knew how to pull off great humor. Him accepting the award for Best Bowtie at the '97 Slammy Awards is GREAT, and he was a really good actor in the Backlund/Bret towel match. I watched the show at the time and totally fell for it.

I know you weren't arguing that, but I just wanted to bring that up.

:)

Guest Bruiser Chong

Goldust.

People look back at Owen's WWF career with rose-tinted glasses because of what happened. He was the better work, no doubt, but he had a lot of forgettable years thrown in there. Seems like a lot of people only recognized him after his death. Goldust made the IC title picture interesting again and given the ridiculous character he had to work with, he pulled it off in spades. Goldust is now one of the best remembered characters of the '90s.