Pro Wrestling Only

Best/Favourite Version of The Midnight Express?

whp

Growing up in Canada my only exposure to the NWA was through various wrestling mags but outside of the Road Warriors the team that captured my interest was the Midnight Express. Something about Bobby Eaton was cool to me but I wasn't impressed with Dennis Condrey's look. Later when Condrey left and Stan Lane joined the team I thought this combo looks much better and I thought it was cool that here's this guy I know from being in another tag team, The Fabulous Ones, joining the MX with Eaton.

Later on when I finally got to watch some NWA/WCW I was happy to find that the MX were indeed a great team. I also got to watch Dennis Condrey teaming with Randy Rose as the Original Midnight Express and they were good too but I preferred the "real" team.

Anyways cut to now and through the magic of tape trading I've been watching some Condrey/Eaton MX matches and I now think that Loverboy Dennis formed a more entertaining duo with Beautiful Bobby than Sweet Stan did.

On a side note someone *cough* goodhelmet *cough* should make a comprehensive Midnights comp with a bonus disc of the Originals in the AWA and NWA.

On a side note someone *cough* goodhelmet *cough* should make a comprehensive Midnights comp with a bonus disc of the Originals in the AWA and NWA.

FWIW I did make an Original Midnight Express in the AWA comp several years ago. they were decent enough but had very little in the way of decent opponents during their run there.

Condrey/Eaton has always been my favorite version. In fact, when I got on the net, I was surprised by how many people thought the Lane/Eaton version was the ideal version. I stopped watching NWA wrestling around the time Lane/Eaton came through so the Condrey/Eaton version always held a special place in my heart.

I have considered doing a mega-MX set but have too much on my plate at the moment.