Jump to content
Pro Wrestling Only

kevinmcfl

Members
  • Posts

    5694
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by kevinmcfl

  1. Free agency is opened again
  2. Free Agency is currently closed as a new writer selects his roster.
  3. Great build up to Superclash. The attack on the Bullet, Mad Dog doing some biting and Nikita and Debeers going after Hogan really help to hype up these feuds!
  4. Really enjoy how you set up the new year with all these promos. It allows you to hit the ground running! Enjoy 1990.
  5. Really like the build to Future Shock. I am very interested to see what happens between Sting and Luger.
  6. Enjoyed the update and I think you're right that the Family seems to be in control... for now!
  7. Enjoyed this informational piece. Hopefully we might get more of the Gypsy Joye-Cuban Assassin feud.
  8. Very interesting shows. You are the first person I have every seen in one of these games to get people to feel sorry for Fidel Sierra. Great booking.
  9. Memphis adds Bill Kazmaier
  10. Championship Wrestling Association: Episode #10 December 7, 1989 The traditional CWA opening is played with some music being played as we see all the big stars of Memphis past hitting big moves. Before we get to Lance Russell and Dave Brown, we see a video with Jerry “The King” Lawler, Jerry Jarrett, “Mr. Perfect” Curt Hennig and Bill Watts. They seem to be in some hallway as Jerry Jarrett asks Mr. Perfect to call it. Curt Hennig: Tails… Jerry Jarrett flips a coin in the air. We see him catch it and slap it on his wrist. Lance Russell: Yellow again everybody. Lance Russell and Dave Brown here for Championship Wrestling. By golly we’ve got a great week instore for everyone but before that, we’ve got to get to e some unfinished business from WrestlWar. Dave Brown: You said a mouth full there Lance. As you just witnessed, there was an historic coin flip in the back of the Mid-South Coliseum and that coin flip was for the USWA World Heavyweight Championship. Before we go any further, I want to bring out Jerry “The King” Lawler. Jerry Lawler: How are you Lance… Dave? Lance Russell: We’re okay King. Why don’t you tell us about Thanksgiving Night… and your match against Curt Hennig. Jerry Lawler: Lance, it was one of the toughest matches of my life. I will take nothing from Curt Hennig. He is a tremendous wrestler… but so am I. Unfortunately, neither one of us was able to get a win against each other. Also, unfortunately, we both knew what was going to happen. The last line of the contract stated that if the match was a 1 Hour Time Limit Draw, the USWA title would be decided by a coin flip. A coin flip that I lost. While I did not lose the match, I did lose the title. Lance Russell: Now King, that really stinks. Jerry Lawler: I agree. I totally agree. As I said before, Curt Hennig is a great wrestle but I truly believe that I would’ve never lost to him. I went to Jerry Jarrett when I Iooked over the contract and told him there must be a better way. Jerry told me that both the CWA and the UWF hopes it won’t come down to a coin flip but if it did, it was in the best interest of all involved, to make sure we left Thanksgiving with a champion… this would allow the USWA to move forward and hopefully have larger crowds and make more money with the title being defended in the biggest cities in the alliance…. Yada yada yada… to me… this was about money and not what is right! Lance Russell: I agree with you King. Hopefully, you’ll get a chance to win the title you never lost real soon. As Lawler walks off. Lance Russell: Man oh man, I just feel awful for Jerry. Dave Brown: I agree…. And that’s night the only unresolved business from Thanksgiving night and we’ll get to all that this hour. First, we actually have two other title changes to tell you about. Brad Armstrong defeated The Dirty White Boy to win the Tri-State Title and Greg “The Hammer” Valentine and the Honky Tonk Man are actually your new UWF Tag Team Champions. It will be very interesting to see how that works as they’re under contract here in the CWA. As for today, we have 5 great matches for you. First it will be "The Fab One" Steve Keirn taking on The Assassin. Our second bout will see a newcomer who goes by the name of The Undertaker and he will be taking on JT Southern. Tojo Yamamato and his man Tarzan Goto will be in action against Mike Jackson. The new Tri-State Champion, Brad Armstrong will also be in action in a non-title match against against “Pretty Boy” Doug Somers and in the main event, it will be Eddie Gilbert, Greg Valentine and the Honky Tonk Man taking on the Freebirds and Jimmy Golden. That and much, much more. It looks like the timekeeper is all set so let’s get to the ring. Match #1 Steve Keirn defeats the Assassin with the Russian Legsweep in a good showcase for the fan favorite. After the bout, Brad Armstrong is with Lance Russell. Lance Russell: Congratulations are in order Brad on your win against the Dirty White Boy on Thanksgiving Night to become the Tri-State Champion. I also must note you’re not wearing the cast that you had on that right hand of yours. Brad Armstrong: Thanks Lance and about my right hand… it was actually feeling a lot better yesterday and I went back in for another X-Ray and it seems like my hand was not broken at all but was just badly bruised. Lance Russell: Speaking of things that were not actually injured, it seems that you proved to everyone that the Dirty White Boy was faking his injury to the forearm as you were able to rip that brace of his off and show everyone that he had it loaded with metal rods. Brad Armstrong: Not a surprise Lance. The DWB has been stealing victories for months now. I’m just glad that’s over. I am looking forward to defending this title against whoever Eddie Marlin puts in front of me. On que, Eddie Marlin comes out… Eddie Marlin: Lance… Brad… I just want to make a few announcements. First, for his use of a loaded forearm brace, the Dirty White Boy has been suspended for two weeks without pay and he won’t be getting a rematch for the Tri-State Title. By CWA rules, all champions are given a guaranteed rematch when they lose their titles but because of the tactics of the DWB, this rule is being voided. Next, we are pleased to announce that as a result of the great success of the first interpromtional event between the UWF and the CWF, Jerry Jarrett and Bill Watts have agreed to have a second such event…. on December 30, 1989. This event, titled Last Stand 89, will also be the next big event at the Mid-South Coliseum. Suddenly, Dirty Dutch Mantel appears… Dutch Mantel: Brad… I guess … congratulations are in order… I mean somehow you got a title around your waist. Now Eddie, I think you know what you need to do… and that is to give me a Tri-State Title shot at Last Stand. I mean Brad and I have had our battles in recent months and I believe that I have come out on top of most of those matches. Eddie Marlin: To tell you the truth Dutch, we’ve not even began to think of who will get that big match for the Tri-State Title but … Brad Armstrong: With all due respect Eddie, I’m not sure you want to go from one cheating champ in the Dirty White Boy to rewarding another cheater with a title match so soon. I mean, part of the reason you made the strict policy of not allowing weapons near the ring was Dirty Dutch and his Bullwhip…. Eddie Marlin: Both of you have some excellent points. Dutch, you do have some pretty good wins of late but as Brad said, many of these wins were um, tainted. I will take both of what you said under advisement and you will have my decision next week. Brad and Dutch stare each other down as we head into break. COMMERCIAL BREAK & PROMOS FOR LAST STAND @ THE MID-SOUTH COLISEUM As we come out of break, a bald Jimmy Hart and the First Family are with Lance Russell. The fans are getting him all riled up with a “Baldy” chant which continues throughout the interview. Jimmy Hart: Yeah, yeah yeah…. Baldy….you people just don’t get it. Sacrifice Baby… Sacrifice. The First Family is willing to do anything to control Wrestling. First of all, I haven’t heard any congratulations on how my men, Greg “The Hammer” Valentine and the Honky Ton Man are the new tag team champions of a company they don’t even work for. Lance Russell: I don’t think congratulations are in order as I’ve never seen such a disgusting way to cheat another team out of their championship. As far as I’m concerned, Reed and Simmons are the rightful owners of the UWF Tag Team Titles. Jimmy Hart: I mean, I thought all you people here in Memphis were the dumbest people I’ve ever seen but those morons down there in Louisiana make a Kindergarten look advanced. I mean Butch Reed, Ron Simmons and Teddy Long would be better off getting eaten by an alligator then trying to come up with a plan. Now, the only reason why Eddie Gilbert is not the Southern Heavyweight Champion is because Jeff Jarrett is a male chauvinist pig! I mean he jumped right on Missy Hyatt and she fell onto the cement floor and he was the only person who didn’t check to see if she was ok. I mean Missy could have broken her neck! Lance Russell: Well I’ve heard about enough of this. Let’s get to the ring Match #2 The Undertaker with Paul Bearer vs JT Southern This is just eerie. From the ring announcer announcing the Undertaker being from Death Valley to his black hat, long black coat, black gloves and triple wide black tie… and that is not even mentioning his manager, Paul Bearer dressed as the perfect mortician. While the attire of both was almost Halloweenish… it was their death like pale skin and eerie organ music that had everyone a bit frightened. As for the match, this 6’10, 300-pound dead man was as agile as they come. Fans were amazed as he walked the top rope and then came down hard with a chop to JT Southern’s head. That was nothing compared to how hard he hit the ropes and flew through the air with the most powerful shoulder block in wrestling…. And then the finisher… a front-facing piledriver. Lance Russell: Mr. Bearer, I must admit that I’ve never seen anything quite like you or your man, the Undertaker. Paul Bearer: (in an eerie, high pitched, slow talking voice) Ohhhh Lance Russell …. I could not sleep last night so I decided to walk around the funeral home…. I soon ventured downstairs into the casket room … where I saw that our supplies might be just a little on the short side. Knowing what the Undertaker can do to any mortal man, I need to buy many, many more caskets as their will be a lot of devastation coming to Memphis… As these two walk off, Dave Brown asks Lance if it is just him whose hair is standing up on his arms. Lance actually studders as he tries to speak, so he obviously feels the same way! Suddenly, the studio lights go black and we get a strobe light flashing Welcome to the Madness …. Neither Lance and Dave speak as we go to break… They both look very nervous. COMMERCIAL BREAK & PROMOS FOR LAST STAND @ THE MID-SOUTH COLISEUM When we come out of break, Lance introduces us to a new segment called “Spanning the USWA” where we’ll catch up on all the important news coming from the UWF. This week, we see Jim Ross interviewing the new USWA World Champion, Curt Hennig “Spanning the USWA” Jim Ross: Well, I guess congratulations are in order as you, Mr. Hennig are the first ever USWA World Champion. Curt Henning: What do you mean you guess. I told you and all the fans here in the land of the toothless that I was going to march up there to Memphis and beat the so-called King of Wrestling from pillar to post and come back down here as the first ever USWA World Champion. Jim Ross: I not sure you beat him from pillar to post. In fact, I’m not even sure you beat him. Curt Hennig: Jim Ross… do you see this gold belt around my waist? This means I’m the world champion. This means I went to up to Memphis … beat Jerry Lawler… and I am the champion. The Perfect Champion in fact…. And I’ll tell all you losers up in Memphis that if Jerry Lawler wants another shot at this title, he better come down here to the UWF as I’m sure not making that trip up there to see the cow folk any time soon! As we come back to Memphis, Lance and Dave Brown are just shaking their head about how Hennig didn’t even bring up the coin flip that allowed him to be the champion. Dave goes on to say that somebody better get that video we saw at the opening of the show to the folks down their un the UWF. Suddenly, Tojo Yamamota and Tarzan Goto appear! Tojo: Sgt. Slaughter… you are just like every other American I have ever met. You are a cheater. You know that there was no way you were going to beat Tarzan on Thanksgiving night, so you put someone in the stands to attack us from behind. Lance Russell: You mean just like you did to Sgt. Slaughter with the bamboo stick you had at ringside. Tojo: Lance Russell… you never learn. You better have eyes in the back of your head if you don’t learn some respect. Lance Russell: I think its time for you to get your man to the ring for his match! Match #3 Tarzan Goto with Tojo Yamamota vs Mike Jackson Goto just beats Mike Jackson to a pulp. The problem was that he had no interest in winning and just wanted to hurt Jackson. We get multiple power slams and big splashes but no pin attempt. Lance Russell is getting sick and what he is watching and demanding Tojo put an end to this. Instead, we get the save from the tall, lanky blonde wrestler that helped Sgt. Slaughter. He’s wailing away on Goto until Tojo finally pulls his man to the outside of the ring and both heels high tail it to the locker room. While nobody in the crowd knows who this man is, Lance Russell knows exactly who he is. Lance Russell: Fans … I must let everyone know who this man is… he is the son of none other than “The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes…. Welcome to the CWA…. Dustin Rhodes. Dustin Rhodes: Thank you Lance… and as you said, I’m the son of The American Dream and I just want you to know that my father taught me something real important… This is the greatest country on the face of the Earth and Tojo and Tarzan Goto … . every time you do anything to try and make it look bad or disrespect it, I will be there with something to say about it. How about next week… you and me Tarzan and we’ll see what happens when you pick on someone your own size! Lance Russell: Boy oh boy… Dustin you sure have your Daddy’s fighting spirit. It is going to be awesome to have you here in the CWA. COMMERCIAL BREAK & PROMOS FOR LAST STAND @ THE MID-SOUTH COLISEUM This segment starts with Brad Armstrong, the Tri-State Champion, with Lance Russell when suddenly, Dirty Dutch Mantel comes out to the interview area. He is in his complete attire including the bull rope! Lance Russell: Dutch, what are you doing here. Dutch Mantel: I’ll tell you Lance, I’m here for what I deserve and that’s a Tri-State Title Match. This man here, Brad Armstrong has never actually beaten me in a match and there is no way he would ever beat me. BA: Now listen up Dutch… the only reason I’ve never beaten you is because you get disqualified ever time we wrestle before I can beat you. You’re afraid to actually wrestle me. Dutch Mantel: Afraid? Are you kidding me? BA: I’m dead serious … oh and by the way, you will get a title shot when Eddie Marlin deems you worthy and right no brother… you’re not worthy! Dutch Mantel: Watch it punk… we all know Eddie Marlin is just a puppet for your daddy… and you know as well as I do … you’re daddy won’t put me in the ring with you because he knows I’d beat your sorry butt all over the place. Lance Russell: Ok, ok… that’ll be enough. Jeff, you got a match in the ring. Match # 4 Non-Title Match Brad Armstrong © vs “Pretty Boy” Doug Sommers Before the bell rings, Dutch enters the ring and goes up to Doug and says something to him. Dave Brown wonders what is going on and Lance just shakes his head as he wouldn’t put anything past him! Dutch reaches into his coat pocket and pulls out some cash. He counts off 5 or 6 bills and then hands it to Doug Somers who takes the cash, shakes Dutch’s hand and then heads off to the locker room. Armstrong comes over from behind Dutch and wants to know what is going on…. WHAM …. A rolled up Shoo Baby across the head of Armstrong. Brad goes down and Dutch is all over him. We get about 2 or 3 good minutes of a beat down before Jerry Lawler and Dustin Rhodes rush out to make the save. Lance Russell: Nothing, I mean nothing Dutch Mantel does surprises me. He is just not to ever be trusted! Let’s take a break. COMMERCIAL BREAK & PROMOS FOR LAST STAND @ THE MID-SOUTH COLISEUM Match #5 Main Event The First Family (Eddie Gilbert, HTM & Greg “The Hammer” Valentine with Jimmy Hart Vs The Freebirds & Jimmy Golden This match seems more like an impromptu lumberjack match as other wrestlers are out to watch and get closer and closer to the ring as the match begins to heat up. We have the Studd Stable (Fuller, Eudy and Buddy Jack) eyeing the Freebirds. Lawler, Jeff Jarrett, and Dustin Rhodes are now out to make sure no funny business happens. This brought out Dutch Mantel, Tojo and Tarzan Goto to see if they can get to Jarrett and Rhodes. The match was a good showcase for all six men in the ring but most of the eyes were on those around the ring. At one point, Honky Tonk Man and Jimmy Golden were brawling in the ring and their action spilled out onto the floor. This brought everyone together and one side began shoving the other and back and forth we went. Just as it appeared that the roof was going to blow…. Lance Russell: Sorry folks, we are out of time. Until next week… So long from Memphis.
  11. Greatest half hour in Dawn of War! Really enjoying the vodoo angle with the lady in the hood and the monster to become Taz.
  12. Wow... Superclash is going to be great!! The Elimination Match really has my interest. Also, can't wait for Orndorff vs Hansen. I bet all the girls can't wait for the Fantastics vs The RnR Express!! This one will have some sort of crazy ending I bet. Awesome job with Nikita and Debeers. I think Ivan and Nikita were great but Debeers and Nikita would have even been better. Nice arrival for the Anvil. I always liked him. I also enjoyed the smack by Leo Burk on Tommy Jammer... great way to get some heat but also a great way to put the cocky young guy in his place. Fun segment.
  13. Looking forward to Future Shock and the direction of WCW
  14. Memphis adds Mike Sharpe, Pez Whatley and Steve Lombardi
  15. You always have such great answers to my questions. Thanks for the info.
  16. Sorry for falling so far behind. The U-Cosmos tournament is really entertaining. The videos you added were a great addition. Vader really seemed to crush Takada. Was wondering if people like Vader did promos over there with the language issue and all. Would love to see all the Americans as heels... just to see the opposite as here.
  17. Memphis will add Sean Royal and Chris Champion
  18. Great plan. Good luck and enjoy!!!
  19. Really exciting show from start to finish. Using BJM in this role is a great choice. Between his size and history in Florida, people better listen. Gorgeous and Precious had their egos put in place here tonight. Will be interesting to see where this goes. The segment with Graham and Mando was so well done. It had it all from great wording of the interviews to BJM to the match to the arrival of Hector and Chavo and then the feud started between the Armstrongs and the Guerreros. Awesome booking! All the matches did a nice job of moving your angles forward and really looking forward to next week with the bog match/big stipulations between the Armstrongs and the Guerreros. Thanks for such a great read.
  20. AD was Frenchy Martin on your roster before? I had him listed in free agency and LastStopTour picked him up. If he was on yours prior to him joining, I will let him know.
  21. To all those readers of Dawn of War, who have been thinking of giving this hobby a try, please contact me. I have an interesting idea that would require a second writer.
  22. To all those readers of Dawn of War, who have been thinking of giving this hobby a try, please contact me. I have an interesting idea that would require a second writer.
  23. Thanks for all your work with the NWA... I hope you enjoy the WWF.
  24. Great first show. The interaction with Gossett and the women had me cracking up. Really good writing here!! Nice job introducing all the main characters to us. You have a knack for some town promotions and make them seem so realistic and cool. Great job.
  25. Wow... these fans got 15 great matches. What a way to get them hooked on live events. Great hype for the PWF. Love how the tournament hyped up all your angles! Nice job keeping the Florida feel with many of the past Florida stars staying hot. Kabuki with the mist... Mike Graham was willing to fight even though he was blind... Windham all the way to the finals... Humperdink with a hand in everything... and a Funk on top. Really fun read. Good choice with the Southern Rockers!! This team will keep all the girls happy.
×
×
  • Create New...