Jump to content
Pro Wrestling Only

El-P

Members
  • Posts

    18681
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by El-P

  1. Keep on pimping the good matches, I'll probably do my cherry picking after the fact (if I'm not burned out). CIMA advancing is pretty cool.
  2. At this point, they should just debut him directly at Mania, that's the only way to make it really big. Showing up two weeks before with no build for the amazingly stupid "Big star X doesn't have a match at Mania" (which they had done before with Cena) angle is kinda lame. Him getting the Mania pop using his AEW theme (wait, are people gonna bitch about that one too ) is the best way to debut him. He should beat Seth clean too and show up at the end of the show to challenge Roman. That way you show the guys in AEW that if you are a big star there and they really want you, it's gonna be worth it. If he shows up, loses and get into the mix with the likes of the Miz, then it's a waste of time.
  3. The Olympics do that as well I believe. You work = you get paid. Especially when there's shitload of money made around you. That's it. The hat is the killer here though. Makes it SO fucking stupid.
  4. Ok, is this a fucking joke ? https://411mania.com/wrestling/wwe-seeking-volunteers-for-wrestlemania-superstore-axxess/
  5. Well, they thought they had him against Cody just a few days back still. Of course they are dumb enough to debut Cody not-in-Jacksonville too. Rumors of Cody showing up at Supercard of Honor in 5... 4... 3... (you know that how it works !)
  6. He's not wrong.
  7. NFT ? Of course. https://www.f4wonline.com/news/wwe/wwe-launching-moonsault-nft-platform (I know, they aren't the only ones)
  8. Things go so fast now, so yeah. Maybe TK bought ROH just to erase the Cody hype after all ! Of course he's gonna get a huge pop (I mean, I guess) the first time and the next few times, but I 100% trust WWE to totally fuck this up as they always do. BUTCH !
  9. Sure, the old John Morrison spot. Was worth leaving AEW... I mean, if Cody shows up and Vince doesn't push the fuck out of him, he's even more senile than we thought.
  10. Will the WWE Universe learn that there is more than one royal family in wrestling sport-entertainment ?
  11. The Undertaker. Vader. Sharmell. (glad I'm not on Twitter. This is gonna be so bad on every front)
  12. Well, there's something to be said about "charisma" in general, since if you look at his AWA work, he had exactly none there, and not very much either at the start of his WCW run. It's not before he hooked up with with DDP as the Diamond Studd (really the sketch for what will become Razor Ramon) that he figured something out about performing (same thing goes for Nash BTW, both their career really followed the same path if you think about it, Nash began to figure it out at the end of his WCW stint, there transferred into WWF and got attached with Shawn & Razor). People forget he was already 34 when he showed up in WWF, so he was quite a late bloomer too (like Nash). One thing I LOVED about Hall was his punches, which had great ooomph, looked great and sounded great (and yeah, he did slap his thighs). He was doing pretty dangerous looking spots for 90's WWF (that damn back suplex from the top rope, the sack-of-shit, the Razor's Edge), he worked well with pretty much everyone, he was always a guy I wanted to see against anyone. He was never the same in-ring in WCW, but him making fun of the Giant never gets old. Now that I think about it, I still do the old Scott Hall nWo walk (you know the one) to this day whenever I got to go through a dense crowd...
  13. I expected the news as soon as I woke up. Razor was a favorite of mine as soon as he showed up on TV and was plugged into the main-event scene. Loved the finisher, loved the presentation (although the Scarface thing went way over my head, I had not seen the movie at that point). Loved the matches with Bret. Then of course the face turn and all the really good IC title stuff (against Martel, Micheals and the two ladder matches which have changed the business for ever, Jarrett). Him showing up on Nitro remains of the most most important spot in the history of US pro-wrestling, although I did not get to see it as it happened. But the nWo got WCW so hot that Bischoff got the TV contract that WWF used to have in France, on Canal +. The switch happened in early 97 (with a few weeks late, as always so we got the TV from late 96) and I wasn't happy at first (as a WWF fan who did want to recognize that anything else could be good... yep...) but very quickly I really fell in love with the super hot promotion and was so happy to see some very familiar faces, including Scott Hall of course. It's too bad that he had such deep alcohol issues, as it really has hurt the last part of his career, especially when he went back to WWF. If he had been younger in the 00's, he would have been word champion ten times or so. So yeah, he was an old favorite of mine. I got a ton of pro-wrestling joy watching this man in action. So long, chico...
  14. The two mid 40's Hardy Boys dressed up like it's 2001 reeks of Rock'n'Roll Express on Nitro in 1996. I guess they're gonna have some cool matches and all, but as someone who's not into nostalgia nor was ever a Hardy Boys fan, I can't see this lasting too long before I get bored of it. If Lita had not just banked a ridiculous amount of blood money, I would have thrown her a bunch of cash for a special appearance or two, so she can botch a moonsault like in the good old days. Is Terri Runnels willing to do an appearance ? Kinda disappointed (but not that much) that Swerve did not get the great Chaka Kan theme song he had in MLW. The match with Neese was very nice, but Neese really is someone who hasn't been featured at all, so Swerve going 50/50 with him did not showcased him in the better light I thought (but Swerve really needs legit issues to really sink his teeth in, I won't ever forget that match he had in Lucha Underground, if you wonder what is that ugly scar on his back, well...). Neese really is a kinda guy that should be sent to ROH, he's a great mechanic but I don't see him surging as any kind of personality in an overloaded roster of great mechanics & great promos. Swerve, jury's out, but he's a really good catch and can have spectacular matches and can get over mic/personality wise. Can help chuckling at the idea that Shida is coming back against Deeb, in a company that almost runs no long-ass feud with rematch galore.
  15. This, without a doubt. They were redefining the US state of the art of pro-wrestling (alongside guys in ROH, but who had actual main event spots in their company). In the same vein, Gail Kim vs Awesome Kong in 2007/2008 was years beyond its time as far as US women pro-wrestling goes. Classic stuff that still kills the majority of US women's stuff today honestly (which probably has peaked a few years back in NXT/WWE, but has now seemingly plateaued and even regressed with Charlotte turning into whatever she is today, years of Nia Jaxx bullshit and Alexa Bliss doing magic tricks).
  16. Ok, it was on Wiki for a second or two but it's back to TBA. The Death Triangle probably isn't over since Fénix has not come back yet. Also, they just are establishing the three of them as a trio now (those trios title are coming eventually). Not everybody can be in the title picture, there's way too many talented potential top guys to book (not to mention Omega is gonna come back, although I think it's gonna be more of a Omega vs Cole affair, to the delight of only a portion of people around here). Page vs Cole is still going on, as it should. Punk has a shot at being the next challenger for the PPV I guess. MJF is gonna be there once the Wardlow stuff is done. Says a lot when you can possibly plug so many guys on top.
  17. The first legit small (and by that I mean, smaller than me, as I'm pretty much average high at 1,77) guy who won the WWE title was probably Eddie. Can't think of anyone before.
  18. Agreed, she's a natural babyface. I sure hope she doesn't get booed though (I mean, I'm a heel fan, always have been, and I like PVZ already), we don't want another screwed up Cody dynamics. Sammy has never been booed thus far though. Now gotta say this, people on social media actually talking shit about a personal relationship and probably mostly giving shit to Tay because of course they would, these people are just common assholes who should mind their own fucking business. I'm sure there's borderline harassement taking place.
  19. As I said before... Honestly, when Tay showed up the only thing I was waiting for was for PVZ to smack her already. Sammy is 100% a natural heel anyway. And really, getting tatoos of your lover's name is a BAD idea. I was just reading on a sociology book that 85% of relationships end up in a separation. (and really now, Sammy was proposing to his former girlfriend during a show, that sequence has aged like milk )
  20. Yeah, that's crazy, the guy is 6.1 (1,85m) and when he showed up on WWF TV in 93 he looked like a small scrawny kid. See also, Jeff Hardy.
  21. Briscoes are scheduled to face FTR at Supercard of Honor already, aren't they ?
  22. El-P

    Sting

    To me his AEW stint murders his TNA stint, in which he really did not showcase any of the same kind of energy he currently does, and that's over years and years of getting tons of big matches too. He did work that ridiculous Abyss garbage match early in the 00's, but after that point, most Sting matches were pretty nonedescript, including tons of nothing main events. I don't think he ever showed over there he adapted to modern workers in any interesting fashion at all. That being said, the answer is : no. I'm loving Sting's current old-guy not giving a fuck work, and he looks as good as anyone post 60 I've ever seen, but let's not forget he's showcased in an environment where he's pretty much protected, and yeah, I realize it's odd to say stuff like this when he's doing Terry Funk kinda crazy spots. But it's still the case. He's been put in situations where he's allowed to shine while covering the fact he's actually 60 years old, and he has shined way beyond anyone's expectations, to the point he's actively super fun to watch. It's honestly probably the second most fun stint of his entire career in term of in-ring work (after the 92-95 years), when you put everything in perspective. But, having a super fun stint at 60 doesn't change one simple fact : Sting was never a great worker at any point of his career (yeah, he had some great performances and great matches against great workers, but that is different, and plenty of great workers with a much lesser profile with about ten times more great matches won't get tenth the attention). That simple fact straight eliminates him from having any spot in my top 100. No cool crazy-ass stint (again, that I'm totally loving) will change that. (damn, I said I was only do positive posts this time around, but I guess Sting was an interesting case because of how fun he has been lately, and surely people will get the itch)
×
×
  • Create New...