Pro Wrestling Only

Money in the Bank PPV: The Thread

sek69

(because Loss is probably sick of all the MMA=wrestling talk)

So it was a pretty good show, all things considered. All the matches delivered (well ok, I missed the Divas title match but no one died so I'll assume that it was uneventful), as WWE seems to be continuing the "push new guys" environment that they have had going on recently. I know that sounds odd on a show where Kane won and cashed in the Money in the Bank, but I have a feeling that one day we'll look back at the Miz in the Raw match like we do for HBK in the ladder match with Razor. I've thought for a while he has that elusive "it" that you need to succeed in wrestling, and it looks like this will be his chance to run with the ball.

I always think that they'll run out of creative things to do with the ladders in the MITB matches, but watching Morrison create a Rube Goldberg device to climb from one ladder to another had me marking out.

I was surprised how little heat the Sheamus/Cena match had. I wonder how much of that was the Nexus creating the nWo Effect where the crowd knows a run in is coming at some point and don't bother getting excited about the match. Also I noticed a rare oversight in production. After Sheamus escaped the cage, they showed him running through the crowd but you didn't see (or at least I didn't see) any of the Nexus guys chasing him, nor did the announcers mention it. Then when Cena was beating up Young and Tarver I spent the whole time thinking "what happened to the rest of the Nexus?" Normally WWE is better at making things like that clear to the viewer. Also I'm not sure how well they sold the "Cena won the battle but lost the war" part of the match when we were supposed to believe Nexus "won" by screwing Cena out of the title but the closing shots were 3 of them laid out.

The tag match was nice too, I hope they didn't lose faith in the Usos and Tamina already by how much the angle was depushed after their initial awesome debut.

I'd love to see Miz just proclaim he was holding onto his shot until WrestleMania. Would provide a nice ongoing storyline for the next eight months.

Both ladder matches were good. I thought Raw's was superior. Loved the erektor set from hell that Morrison used, that you mentioned.

I thought the main event was boring and plodding, and as I posted elsewhere, I see no point in a match between two guys embroiled in a feud for the primary title in a steel cage with no blood.

I'd love to see Miz just proclaim he was holding onto his shot until WrestleMania. Would provide a nice ongoing storyline for the next eight months.

Both ladder matches were good. I thought Raw's was superior. Loved the erektor set from hell that Morrison used, that you mentioned.

I thought the main event was boring and plodding, and as I posted elsewhere, I see no point in a match between two guys embroiled in a feud for the primary title in a steel cage with no blood.

I so want pale Sheamus to juice a gusher one of these days. Does this make me a bad person?

I dunno if they'll do that again after the Kennedy injury mess.

By the way, it's really amusing how they've retconned the 3rd MITB match to being won by Edge.

I dunno if they have the confidence in The Miz to be in a WrestleMania main event either.

By the way, it's really amusing how they've retconned the 3rd MITB match to being won by Edge.

It's really funny how Kennedy has all but gotten the Chris Benoit treatment, and he didn't even kill his own family. It's like the dude was never there at all.