Pro Wrestling Only

WON 2010 Awards Ballot

rovert

MOST DISGUSTING PROMOTIONAL TACTIC - Nothing that was "promotional" was "disgusting".

I have no desire to electioneer.

But I assume the major candidates are:

1) Some variation on stand up for the WWE. This is a year where Linda Mcmahon said "I might have met him once, but the WWE can be held no more accountable than the studio should be held accountable for Heath Ledger's death, who kows what causes people to have addictions?" Plus whatever other BS was being sold as part of the promotion's stand up for the WWE promotional propaganda...

2) Tna ran several concussion-sploitation angles.

3)The UFC told the PPV fans that Josh Koschek acting like a dick was just an act.

I could see any of these three winning and will claim that a non-vote is a vote for #3.

MOST DISGUSTING PROMOTIONAL TACTIC - Nothing that was "promotional" was "disgusting".

I have no desire to electioneer.

But I assume the major candidates are:

1) Some variation on stand up for the WWE. This is a year where Linda Mcmahon said "I might have met him once, but the WWE can be held no more accountable than the studio should be held accountable for Heath Ledger's death, who kows what causes people to have addictions?" Plus whatever other BS was being sold as part of the promotion's stand up for the WWE promotional propaganda...

2) Tna ran several concussion-sploitation angles.

3)The UFC told the PPV fans that Josh Koschek acting like a dick was just an act.

I could see any of these three winning and will claim that a non-vote is a vote for #3.

I was thinking "promotional tactic" as something to promote a match or fued, so the shitty McMahon/ Support WWE stuff doesn't work in that line of thinking. The TNA Concussion stuff is just sorta dumb, but it is being used to set up a match...so there's that. It's just that I don't find it "disgusting". To be truthful, it's the term "disgusting" that throws me off. Nothing in wrestling has ever made me go, "Oh my, that's just disgusting and terrible, I'm offended." I've rolled my eyes a million times, said to myself, "Wow, that's dumb or is dumb to say/ do.", but nothing has ever made me "disgusted".

And yeah, the DVD Award is for commercial releases, but screw it. :lol:

I think that the TNA/Concussion stuff would fit the criteria of the award just because they put being the company doing stuff WWE doesn't do (like chair shots to the head) ahead of stuff like not doing sick blows to the head when even the NFL is changing the rules due to all the data on concussions. Considering how much Dixie wants to be seen as a down-home family kind of person, it's almost Fritz-esque the level she doesn't give a shit about the people in her company.

Chael Sonnen pleaded guilty earlier today to one count of money laundering and will be sentenced in the case on 3/28.

Sonnen admitted before judge Michael Mosman that a financial transaction he conducted was designed to conceal or disguise the ownership and control of the proceeds of wire fraud according to the U.S. Department of Justice's Oregon district.

Sonnen had dropped out of the race for a spot in the Oregon House of Representatives over the summer because of the pending charge.

The Department claimed Sonnen submitted a false letter and sales agreement instructing Decision One Mortgage to pay loan proceeds to a plumbing company for repairs to the home when Sonnen had negotiated and knew no repairs would be paid and the money was paid to the buyer as a cash incentive to close the deal. The title company paid $69,000 to the plumbing company and the plumbing company in a scheme organized by Sonnen paid $65,000 to the buyer of the home according to a press release sent out by the government.

Sonnen is facing a maximum 20 years in prison and a $500,000 fine.

Wow, THAT'S good heeling. Did he learn that from Roddy Piper?

Anyone who votes for Sonnen just showing the world that he's a racist douchebag needs to be punched in the face.

I bet Chael wins. :lol:

Regarding most disgusting promotional tactic I guess Rob Terry's one off unprotected chair shot to the head wins given how much Bryan Alvarez has harped on about it, which would be ironic given the similar risks performers in other promotions like ROH and AAA take. Me, I'd probably vote for The hypocrisy of TNA: "Help us put a stop to homophobic bullying while we promote an evil depraved bisexual character."

Guest kowking

Didn't the Steen-Generico match end with a chair shot to the head? I feel like no one talked about that.

It was more to the shoulder wasnt it?

I thought they did a good job protecting him, but I also wouldn't have objected to him nailing him full on once for the purposes of ending this feud. It had artistic merit and was between consenting adults.

To be fair, Dave and Bryan on their radio show reviewing the ROH Final Battle PPV were critical of Steen and Generico for taking too many needless risks in their blow off match. But it still seems like ROH sort of gets a pass for this because they have logical booking and push athletic wrestling.