Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-02-06-USWA-TV] Jerry Lawler, Jeff Jarrett, Brian Christopher and Doink the Clown

Loss

• 3 weeks later...

This Doink stuff is too much! Now, Brian Christopher tries to goad Jeff Jarrett into a fight. Meanwhile, Doink pours vegetable oil all over the floor, Christopher tricks Jarrett into chasing him, Jarrett falls, and Doink and Christopher beat him up just like they did Lawler, who quickly runs out for the save. Awesome!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Christopher is back out after another babyface squash, and Jarrett is stupid enough to oblige. This time it's oil on the floor that trips Jarrett up, and Doink is back on for yet another beatdown. LOOK AT THE CLOWN WORK JEFF JARRETT OVER! I'm not sure if Doink or Dave Brown is the MVP of this show.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I decided to watch this segment first since I only have a few minutes, and what a great choice. Vince really hit an unexpected home run with the original heel Doink, and it goes further out of the park the more I see. What a seemingly harmless yet diabolical stunt we saw, and Borne's punches looked really good in the beatdown before Lawler came out to save Jeff.

Between Razor Ramon, HBK, and Doink, Vince and Pat Patterson were really on fire from the second half of '92 on into '93 in terms of creating memorable heel characters. (Shawn took a while to really find his stride, which is why I include him in this group even though he turned just after the start of '92.)

Seems we might be headed for a little father vs. son tag match. I'll be interested to see how Jerry and Brian work against one another; most fathers prefer to team with their sons.

I loved Dave's line about the Exxon Valdez. He's still so underrated as a play-by-play guy it's pitiful. Now if only he could find a color guy who's worthy of his talents, or at least worthy of being anywhere near a wrestling ring.

• GSR changed the title to [1993-02-06-USWA-TV] Jerry Lawler, Jeff Jarrett, Brian Christopher and Doink the Clown