[1993-05-18-ECW-TV] Terry Funk vignette

Loss

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

We needed a serious promo for this match somewhere along the line, and boy, did we ever get it. Terry explains the rules and puts over the danger brilliantly. I'm not sure if Harley actually lost fifteen percent of the vision in his eye after he wrestled Terry in one of these matches, but after seeing this I ​believe ​t​hat he did, which is exactly the point.

One minor nitpick: They didn't have to run their hype crawl over this promo. It was saying the exact same stuff that Terry was (except for Heyman being in Eddie's corner) and it divided my attention. If you have to run something like this, run it during a squash, where it really doesn't matter if other stuff's on the screen or not.

I'm wondering how many in the ECW fanbase knew who Boris Malenko was. I appreciate Terry's thought, but I wouldn't have blamed him if he'd said that someone like Nikolai Volkoff had invented the match instead; at least the vast majority of the Philly fans knew that name.

• GSR changed the title to [1993-05-18-ECW-TV] Terry Funk vignette