Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-10-02-WCW-Saturday Night] Amateur Challenge

Loss

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some hugely fat guy making fun of the phrase "Let me tell ya somethin'," Kentucky Thunder in a Mr. Wrestling II mask, and a black guy in a suit calling himself the Sandman.

"Confident or crazy? It can only be the WCW Amateur Challenge!" Clearly their intention was to show their audience as being the biggest idiots possible, which is a great thing to sell to advertisers. I mean, they were literally TRYING to insult people with this.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Am I the only person on the planet who was actually not put off by these?

I thought the first one was the best of the bunch, because I hate ​the phrase "Let me tell you something". What do you think you're out there to do, dumbass? Give a weather report? Read stock market quotes? It's a tic that guys use when they're trying not to go up on their lines, same as the overuse of "punk", "brother", "daddy", and every other nonsense nickname that wrestlers give each other.

The other two at least showed some energy, which the "professional" workers don't always manage in this day and age. I don't think either one of them had any desire to wrestle or do anything more than what we saw, but at least they look like they had fun. Are we bound to see some bad clips while this contest is running? Of course. But let's not condemn them all just because WCW dared to commit the unpardonable sin of giving their loyal fans a chance to show off and get on TV.

• 3 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1993-10-02-WCW-Saturday Night] Amateur Challenge