Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-11-08-WWF-Raw] Randy Savage and Crush

Loss

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Savage ends up shoving Vince McMahon to the ground, who is trying to restrain him, and goes after Crush and has to be restrained. This should have had way more heat because it felt like a really hot segment, but there wasn't much crowd noise.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Vince's bump may be the thing I remember most from this. He had​ to have been in some kind of training in order to take it; otherwise, he may have suffered legit bruises and maybe even a broken bone.

Heenan did a good job calling this, which kind of surprised me. I thought he'd lost a good deal of his ability to be serious. I loved Vince defending Savage and lambasting Heenan even though Bobby ​was the one who stayed at the table and did his job. That's so typical of babyface shill Vince.

The brawl itself wasn't a hell of a lot because everyone was trying to break it up, but it served its purpose in letting the world know that the friendship between Savage and Crush was over once and for all. I wonder what Crush's opponent did, or if he even bothered coming out (remember, we never saw him on TV).

In all seriousness, I'm glad that this is it for Savage in the booth for a while. He's been getting worse and worse as time goes on, and now he's not only uninformative, he's becoming increasingly difficult to understand. It's good to see him getting back in the ring on a more frequent basis, and I'll be interested to see how this feud plays out over the next few months.

• 3 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1993-11-08-WWF-Raw] Randy Savage and Crush