Pro Wrestling Only

Looks like the raid is on

sek69

Chavito definitely worked on Lucha shows in the two years+ that he worked on before going to WCW.

Which really, doesn't mean much since he got in WCW two years after he debuted, and basically worked in WCW and WWE since. I think he did a tour or two with NJ before or just went he got to WCW.

They give themselves more options, though, once he's properly over. The Chavo feud makes sense as an angle, but he's been awful in the ring against Mistico. I don't see how people can be putting the sloppiness on Mistico when it's only the spots that require a base that aren't coming off.

So everyone in the company is sloppy except for Mistico?

Seriously, Rey has been working WWE for almost a decade. It's not like no one in the company knows how to work as a base. Kofi Kingston has been around a few years. There are people in WWE who can catch sloppy fliers. The fact that guys who can catch Kofi and Morrison can't catch Sin Cara really doesn't suggest that the bases are to blame.

Oh, I'm far from a Mistico "fanboy".

But, it's clear to me that the other guys aren't basing him well enough for the spots to go fluently. Or, perhaps a better way of putting it would be to say they just don't have experience with those spots. Then they try and take flip bumps off the armdrags that just come off looking awkward. You can see it in, say, the hammerlock snapmare. Lucha staple; rare elsewhere. Luchadors/guys with a lot of experience in Mexico, they can base it just by using the breadth of their chest, arching back slightly. Guys who aren't (and with the exception of Del Rio, everyone whose tried it in WWE), they use their spare right arm to lift the guy by their tights. The latter looks far more obvious and just not as smooth. I mean, that's a fairly innocuous sort of thing but no one, not Danielson, Tyson Kid, and certainly not Chavo, none of them look remotely at ease doing those spots. It's to be expected. But Mistico's en pointe with his timing (he's been doing the same spots for years after all), he's clearly a very light guy to work with and manoeuvre; people putting the sloppiness down to him is ridiculous.

Now if you want to argue "well, maybe he shouldn't do those spots then..." well, that's different.