Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-10-03-SMW-TV] Interview: Ron Garvin

Loss

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Paul Orndorff got to him, attacked him from behind, choked him with his towel and he kicked his butt! It's not the first time Ronnie Garvin got beat but he always comes back, he's like an elephant in that he never forgets. He goes to sleep at night thinking about him, not thinking about making love or kissing him (huh?), but thinking about putting him out of wrestling and teaching him a lesson. When he put his hands on his personal property he fooled with the wrong man and it's going to come his way very soon.

I think there were a few sniggers from the audience, so Garvin had to explain that goes to sleep at night thinking about him comment just in case they thought he meant something else!

• 6 months later...

This may be a feud over a towel, but you'd never know it by the way Ronnie's selling it. The lovemaking analogy may be a bit out there, but his point is well-taken.

I love how Bob tried to downplay the whole thing slightly and Ronnie brought the intensity right back up. I only wish we had some footage of these two in the ring to see if the quality of the matches equals the quality of the promos.

• GSR changed the title to [1992-10-03-SMW-TV] Interview: Ron Garvin
  • 2 years later...

For as goofy as it is Ronnie Garvin getting more upset over a towel than the hanging he is cutting good promos.  I get not highlihgting that as we have Horner dealing with the same issue on the same show.  Maybe only book one hanging next time.