Pro Wrestling Only

[1995-01-07-USWA-TV] Tommy Rich & Doug Gilbert and PG-13

Loss

• 4 weeks later...

"Oh yeah, here comes a real thrill." -- Lance Russell

I've missed him.

Scott Bowden comes out with Rich and Gilbert and talk smack about PG-13, with Rich calling them "two boys that don't even have no business." BURN. PG-13 finally had enough of this trash talk and we have a good, old-fashioned studio brawl. We almost never get pull-aparts anymore, which I miss.

I left too soon. Then we get a PG-13 interview. Wolfie D is such an awesome babyface. Not to be outdone, JC Ice gets in a great line, calling Rich a bleached-blonde has been and saying his own mama is the finest woman who has ever graced this earth.

Take note, Rick Rude and Big Boss Man, THIS is how you build a compelling feud around yo mama insults.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

It helps that longtime Memphis fans would know Beverly Dundee as an on-air character herself (or "a bald-headed old hag," as the heels put it). This is awesome on all levels. Bowden is nice and focused and Rich and Gilbert get some great lines about PG-13's families but go on and on--by design, because they needed to go over-the-top to draw them out. The heel interviews are awesome, the brawls are awesome, and PG-13's response is awesome. Wolfie declaring that he's the same person when the cameras are off, and Wolfie and JC both talking about stealing things if they have to, are examples of some great character work. It's amazing how authentic two skinny white Tennessee boys come off when playing two hoodies. Take note, Public Enemy.

• GSR changed the title to [1995-01-07-USWA-TV] Tommy Rich & Doug Gilbert and PG-13