Pro Wrestling Only

[1995-02-04-SMW-TV] Backstage brawl / Interview: Jim Cornette & Heavenly Bodies

Loss

• 5 weeks later...

Cornette's color combinations are incredible.

They show the Bodies and Gangstas fighting after Super Sunday Night Fever and Cornette taking a decent bump over a table. He still gets way more involved in this stuff than I think a manager should. A single punch from a wrestler should take him out of commission. All that said, they brawl into the street and encounter some traffic, and this is a hell of a brawl.

Cornette gets off some unbelievable jokes under the guise of saying if he said them, New Jack would call him a racist:

"The Gangstas are so black, lightning bugs follow them around"

"New Jack got arrested for trying to blow up a bar, but he burned his lips on the tailpipe"

"What do you say to a Gangsta in a three-piece suit? Will the defendant please rise?"

Yeah, and I'd say he'd be right.

Then he says that's New Jack's card, that New Jack would also say that if he said they didn't deserve to be SMW tag team champions and didn't take responsibility for their own actions. Depends on the context there, I suppose.

Cornette talks about a "certain segment" that won't take responsibility for their own actions and are quick to cry discrimination. Cornette says "You're an embarrassment to your people" and ... yeah. Your people?

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hoo boy. Take note of Jimmy Del Ray miming a shoeshining, in case Cornette's jokes were too highbrow for certain segments of the audience. Too bad because the wrestling promo portion of this interview is fantastic, and has me really wanting to see what Cornette has in mind for the 6-man tag.

The brawl is incredible, and I can only imagine what those drivers were thinking as this spilled out onto the road.

• GSR changed the title to [1995-02-04-SMW-TV] Backstage brawl / Interview: Jim Cornette & Heavenly Bodies