Pro Wrestling Only

[1995-03-14-ECW-TV] Interview: Terry Funk

Loss

• 1 month later...

Terry Funk can't stand Cactus Jack's "flatulating family" ... okay then. Funk keeps coming up with all these things he wants to do to Cactus Jack -- castration, torture, vehicular homicide and probably other nefarious things I mentioned. He then switches gears and gets serious. He struggles for words a few times, but he's believable -- I'd rather see promos like that than promos where everyone seems to always have the perfectly crafted response in every scenario.

Terry Funk can't stand Cactus Jack's "flatulating family" ... okay then. Funk keeps coming up with all these things he wants to do to Cactus Jack -- castration, torture, vehicular homicide and probably other nefarious things I mentioned. He then switches gears and gets serious. He struggles for words a few times, but he's believable -- I'd rather see promos like that than promos where everyone seems to always have the perfectly crafted response in every scenario.

Agreed. It made things look more real. Terry Funk stint in 1995 is the last time Funk looked "middle aged and crazy". From 1996 and on (in FMW first, then ECW), he looked "old and crazy".

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Okay, this is one of my favorite Funk promos ever. He goes from positively giddy over all the things he's going to do to Cactus Jack and points out, "If I had a face like that, I'd have it circumsized!" Then he does a 180 in two seconds and gets deadly serious, before wrapping it up with an evil laugh.

• GSR changed the title to [1995-03-14-ECW-TV] Interview: Terry Funk