Pro Wrestling Only

Out of ring incidents

Guest Cam Chaos

Guest Cam Chaos

Didn't he fuck Jake Roberts wife and then basically ask him what he planned to do about it in WWF?

Also does no one find Zach Gowen hilarious referring to talking to someone as "cutting the promo" and then acting hard when it took Hopalong Hardass and two buddies to beat someone up so they "took the bump of their life"? Wow, A 3 on 1 beating where two pro wrestlers kick the crap out of the guy while Limpy lays in some blows so hard he stains the shirt his momma gave him, what a tough amputee.

Guest Kilgore Trout

I still find this bit so funny:

Warrior got right in Rude's face and said, "I don't have to, because I'm the Warrior." Rude knocked him silly with one punch and walked away.

This is my favorite so far and i am not even a quarter of a page down.

Capt. Lou Albano vs. Shane McMahon, late 80s

Albano was one of the people Vince Sr. asked Vince Jr. to "take care of" after he died. So Lou apparently tested this one out one day.  An 11-yr-old Shane would always walk up to Lou and say, "What's up, Fatman?"  This would piss Lou off and give the boys around a chuckle.  One day Shane went up to Lou and said once again, "What's up, Fatman?"  Lou reportedly told Shane if he called  him Fatman one more time, he'd forget who he was and slap the taste out of his mouth. Sure enough, little Shane said, "No problem....Fatman."  Then little  Shane got slapped a good one!  (thanks to Matt Mazany).  WINNER: Shane, who will soon be the new owner of WWE for decades to come.

Guest Cam Chaos

Warrior got right in Rude's face and said, "I don't have to, because I'm the Warrior."  Rude knocked him silly with one punch and walked away.

Rude knocked out quite a few guys in his time. I think it's well known as a bouncer he used to dish out one punch KOs to belligerent drunks. Then again the guy was ripped to shreds while his punters were likely fat, out of shape, inner city sweathogs so it's not hard to believe. Warrior on the other hand clearly bought his own hype before he started giving seminars telling off towelheads and burning flags.

Guest Cam Chaos

Well Bad News Allen beat the shit out of three Guerreros so Eddy must not have the same yellow streak otherwise he'd probably be a smear thanks to Hawk.

Guest Kilgore Trout

Warrior got right in Rude's face and said, "I don't have to, because I'm the Warrior."  Rude knocked him silly with one punch and walked away.

Rude knocked out quite a few guys in his time. I think it's well known as a bouncer he used to dish out one punch KOs to belligerent drunks. Then again the guy was ripped to shreds while his punters were likely fat, out of shape, inner city sweathogs so it's not hard to believe. Warrior on the other hand clearly bought his own hype before he started giving seminars telling off towelheads and burning flags.
Oh I don't find it hard to believe it's just the way it's written is so funny. Imagining Warrior acting all tough and Rick just casually punching him in the face is hilarious.

Urban legend here:

Rude once slapped a guy so hard in the face, open hand mind you, that he knocked the guy out cold. This was when Rude was a bouncer or in his early days of wrestling. I thought that was so cool.

I just have the mental image of Rude being dressed in one of his pimp suits he wore when he was DX's bodyguard, knocking Warrior silly, then adjusting his tie and walking away.

I would of loved to see Bad News whipping 3 people's asses at the same time. I know he got a silver medal in Judo, but they must have been attacking him one at a time kung-fu movie style.

Guest Some Guy

There have probably been others just as cool, but has anyone in wrestling ever been *more cool* than Rick Rude?

No, there has been none cooler than Rude.

He knocked out PN News with an open hand slap. Meltzer wrote about it in Tributes. I've always been a huge Rude mark.

I just have the mental image of Rude being dressed in one of his pimp suits he wore when he was DX's bodyguard, knocking Warrior silly, then adjusting his tie and walking away.

I would of loved to see Bad News whipping 3 people's asses at the same time. I know he got a silver medal in Judo, but they must have been attacking him one at a time kung-fu movie style.

He got a bronze medal in the Olympics but from what I read he got screwed over by the reff and should've actually got a gold medal.

Guest Cam Chaos

He notes his sources on where he got most of them. It's just a list of known out of ring fights, not stolen police statements, I'm sure elsewhere on the web if you looked you could find the mile long accounts of each incident that will satisfy your scepticism.

Benoit over Guerrero due to Guerrero yellow streak exploitation.

I don't believe half of those stories. They're just too sloppy. No time or dedication was spent on any of them. They're each one or two sentences long, with no details, and are all submitted by "readers."

Yeah, most of them were actually reported in the Observer or in the Tributes book, at least the ones involving dead wrestlers. The FVordell Walker-Steiner one was true. Many of them also come from the shoot interviews out there. It isn't that you shouldn't believe the stories given by the readers but rather the wrestlers who told them.