Pro Wrestling Only

[1995-12-22-FMW] Megumi Kudo vs Shark Tsuchiya (Barbed Wire Death)

Loss

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Isn't that the whole point of a barb wire match? To have no run ins?

Nope :)

Outside interferance is a pretty standard joshi staple for any top heel that has a stable of their own dating back to the days of Dump so not something that ever really bothered me or that I give much thought to.

Kudo was awesome though. Did she ever have a match with Bull Nakano?

Only meeting was a tag

9/19/1992 Megumi Kudo & Combat Toyoda vs Bull Nakano & Akira Hokuto

awesome match and the first interpromotional joshi match ever

• 2 years later...

What an absolute fucking abortion of a match. I'm already colder on Megumi than some others here, and Shark did absolutely nothing to help her already low reputation. Shark tries 4 or 5 different ways to brutalize Kudo with a barbed wire kendo stick and manages to make absolutely none of them look remotely painful. Then she knocks over a table trying to power bomb Kudo through it just to render this a complete and total farce. This turns into a glorified lumberjack match with Shark's goons constantly tossing her weapons and getting involved. WHERE ARE KUDO'S PARTNERS?? Combat Toyoda and somebody else make token attempts to help at two separate points, but while Kudo is getting double-teamed or beaten down with outside weapons, they're sitting on the floor with their thumbs up their asses. In a world without any of Hogan's pals in it Shark would be a cinch for most useless wrestler of the year. I defy anyone to get self-righteous about the Rottens cutting each other up with broken glass while also trying to defend this travesty. Strong Worst Match of the Year candidate.

• GSR changed the title to [1995-12-22-FMW] Megumi Kudo vs Shark Tsuchiya (Barbed Wire Death)
  • 4 months later...

I believe strongly that it always takes two to make a great match, but this is the exception to that rule. Shark offered barely anything here, there was nothing particularly great about her offense or her selling, but Kudo's performance here saved the match and actually made it great with some fantastic selling and great comebacks after being brutalised for a long period of time. The outside interference didn't really hurt the match for me, though I can see why people would be so down on it. This is by a country mile Shark's best match and a pretty damn great match overall.