Pro Wrestling Only

[1995-11-19-WWF-Survivor Series] Skip & Rad Radford & Tom Pritchard & 1-2-3 Kid vs Marty Jannetty & Hakushi & Barry Horowitz & Bob Holly (Elimination)

Loss

I don't know how it aged, but I sure loved this back then, although I was disapointed Jean Pierre Lafitte was replaced by Tom Pritchard (not yet Zip, and pretty much jobbed out here). Rad radford was a stupid gimmick, but I liked that Spicolli, who I always enjoyed as a jobber, got a small push. I was also a "fan" of Bob Holly back then, thinking this guy deserved a much better push than he got. Ditto Horowitz. From what I remember, Jannetty and Candido were the stand outs in the matches, working a great finish which was really impressive for WWF at that time. I've always been a big Shinzaki fan. Hell, I sound like I'm marking out over this.:) Anyway, pretty terrific cast of talent here.

I don't have much to say about this match, but there's some fun action here. Everyone is working in overdrive, which I suspect was Vince telling everyone to step it up after being so upset with how the previous PPV went. I love the monster heel reaction Kid gets, and he's both positioned as and gets over as the star of the match. I guess they put this match on early so they could reinvent Sunny as a sex object later on the show. Razor watching on the monitor is ridiculous because his acting is so over the top, but that's the WWF way.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

How often do you see a WWF match involving 8 guys where none of them suck? Not many, at least before the HHH Era. Hakushi notably gets a monster reaction for everything he does, which of course the WWF did absolutely nothing with. He really looks great here, though. This match has some of the most advanced offense the WWF had seen to this point, climaxing with Jannetty's big power bomb off the top rope. I also loved Skip doing the top-rope Frankensteiner, popping up in triumph, then doing the Greg Valentine pratfall on his face. Fun match with a great crowd, much like the hot pro-Marty crowd from Raw.

• 3 years later...

Considering that these weren't top guys they were generally more over than you'd expect. Including Barry. There were some good moments and others where you were reminded it was midcard WWF. The length was right on. The booking was mixed, although decent overall. It came down to Ridgeley against the newly heeled Kid. I don't see why they had to bring Sidney down to help him get the duke. It wasn't like the big man didn't have a match of his own that night. With a better finish I'd have it in my top 100.

• GSR changed the title to [1995-11-19-WWF-Survivor Series] Skip & Rad Radford & Tom Pritchard & 1-2-3 Kid vs Marty Jannetty & Hakushi & Barry Horowitz & Bob Holly (Elimination)