Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-04-02-SMW-TV] Bob Armstrong feature

Loss

• 1 month later...

They show a highlight of the Marietta house show where Bob Armstrong received an award for being such a great ambassador for the town. This show is notable for the WWF loaning some big stars to them since they were promoting in WCW's backyard.

Armstrong is back at the "studio" and mentions Cornette's recent claims that he has a mystery man coming in to take him out. Bob Armstrong throws off more great lines than I could ever do justice in response.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Joe Pedicino and Boni Blackstone are in Marietta to award a big trophy to Bob Armstrong. Incredibly no one comes out and smashes it. Bob talks up Cornette's newest mystery man, who I believe is Bruiser Bedlam. Bob points out that jackasses can't run with racehorses--even a Bullet Bob-by-numbers promo will drop several killer new lines on you.

• 2 years later...

Armstrong is presented with a trophy by Joe Pedicino and Boni Blackstone in recognition of his years of service as a goodwill ambassador for the city of Marietta.

Back in the studio and he says that honour they’ve just seen him receive meant an awful lot to him, but he didn’t have long to enjoy it as all he hears out of Jim Cornette’s mouth is ‘I’m bringing the mystery man, if I can get rid of Bob Armstrong I can run Smoky Mountain Wrestling again’. Well the mystery to him is who is he going to get? So far he hasn’t got anyone to get the job done and as long as there is breath left in his body he’ll never get it done. Jim Cornette is nothing but a big sack of Scandinavian snake faeces and he’s the man that’s going to jump on him. He tells Cornette that his mother hasn’t got enough money to buy a mystery man who can get the job done and as long as he’s living he’ll stay Commissioner and Cornette will never have his way in Smoky Mountain, that’s a promise.

• GSR changed the title to [1994-04-02-SMW-TV] Bob Armstrong feature