Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-12-03-WWF-Superstars] Interview: Bob Backlund / Interview: Diesel / Henry Godwinn vignette

Loss

• 2 months later...

Moral decay is up since Mr. Backlund has lost the title. Great crazy Backlund promo with him sitting in a chair and looking above the camera. I like how intense he is almost twisting the arms off the chair.

Diesel wants to know where Bob Backlund got his bowtie. Diesel with his old television and movie references. Very new generation there.

They have a slop graphic for Henry Godwinn’s name. Godwinn’s hogs are no different than the WWF audience.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Backlund went out to shake Diesel's hand before battle, and Diesel showed how low he was. Bob makes threats towards both Diesel and Tunney. HE'S BEEN FIGHTING THE BUREAUCRACY IN THE WWF FOR 10 YEARS. I believe him. A gallant effort by Bob here but the booking killed him.

Diesel drops no less than FOUR 1960's-centered references in 15 seconds. One week into his reign and I'm sick to death of Diesel already. He finally makes a Forrest Gump reference to put us back in the correct year.

Them hogs ain't no different from y'all. What a way to draw heat.

• GSR changed the title to [1994-12-03-WWF-Superstars] Interview: Bob Backlund / Interview: Diesel / Henry Godwinn vignette