Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-12-10-WCW-Saturday Night] Blacktop Bully vignette / Interview: Hulk Hogan & Sting

Loss

• 2 months later...

Surveillance footage of Col. Parker bailing the Blacktop Bully out of jail. The audio is bad, so it's helpfully captioned. Parker thought it was $7500 bail when it was $75,000 bail. 7 counts of assault on a police officer! At first, I thought that amount seemed high, but wow that's low. The Colonel gets a chance to talk to Blacktop Bully briefly in his cell. "Don't be so mean now. I know you're restless, son." Robert Fuller was sure devoted to this gimmick.

Next, Hogan and Sting are interviewed by Gene. Pretty typical.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Goddamned if I didn't like the Bully vignette myself. WCW did a shockingly good job of making it really look authentic, and Parker was really good as you would expect. Even the officer was good.

Hogan actually deigns to put Sting over somewhat. Not much else to this. Avalanche is billed as 6'10", 500 pounds, which is on the same level as Andre being "700 pounds."

• GSR changed the title to [1994-12-10-WCW-Saturday Night] Blacktop Bully vignette / Interview: Hulk Hogan & Sting