Pro Wrestling Only

There's a PPV tonight

Coffey

Basically, what that means is that HHH needs to win the belt six more times before his career is over. In the past three years, he's won/been given the belt five times, which means at the pace he's going, in another three years, he will have beaten Flair's record. Will he last that long? I tend to think so, unfortunately.

Guest CanadianChick

I don't think it's a matter of if Trips has a belt or not. It's a matter if he's still the main event and still the top guy on the show despite not being the champion. Last year, when he wasn't champion, wasn't there only one PPV where he wasn't the main event (vs. Eugene at Sumerslam)? I fear that happening again.

Yes, and in the buildup to that PPV, HHH/Eugene got more TV time and focus than Benoit/Orton, the supposed main event. It's gone beyond HHH doing jobs -- it's not about him always winning, although that's part of it. It's about the fact that everything that happens to his character is the absolute most important thing on RAW.

Guest Cam Chaos

I think the fact he is the only one of the 3 stars created from the business boom (Rock and Austin being the other two) that can still work, is married to the headwriter, son in law of the head of the company and part of the booking team ensures he will never lack the limelight until he is willing to step aside. That will likely only be if both legs are broken, ironically.

I watched the ppv in the theater as usual. Everything but the last three matches was either crap or completely forgetable. I'd say 10 or 15 people left right after after the HBK Vs Angle match which had by far the most heat at the theater.

I liked Angle/HBK at WM better than this match if only because Angle went over in that match. Cena/Christian/Jericho was good but not spectacular. The HIAC was far better than I expected it to be but definetly didn't live up to the hype.