Pro Wrestling Only

There's a PPV tonight

Coffey

Posted Image

World Heavyweight Champion Batista vs. Triple H (Hell in a Cell)

Triple H walked out of RAW several weeks ago, giving the impression that he was never coming back. With The Game gone, Ric Flair revived a relationship built on respect with Batista. Then with Batista?s guard down, the ?Dirtiest Player in the Game? delivered a cheap shot to the champ. At the same time, a returning Triple H crashed the ring and decimated Batista with a sledgehammer, busting him wide open. Triple H and Ric Flair had struck again.

At the end of the brutal beating, Triple H challenged Batista to a Hell in a Cell Match. One week later, The Animal accepted Triple H?s challenge. He then sent a message to The Game by bloodying both Muhammad Hassan and Daivari on RAW.

Will the champ be able to do the same to The Game? Or will Triple H - the most successful Hell in a Cell competitor in sports-entertainment history - find a way to once again be victorious inside Hell in a Cell, thus becoming an 11-time World Champion? Find out at Vengeance.

Posted Image

Kane vs. Edge (w/Lita)

Since Lita?s betrayal of her husband during the Gold Rush Tournament, she and Edge have done everything possible to torment Kane. Lita filed for divorce, flushed her wedding ring down the toilet and has passionately embraced Edge before Kane?s eyes.

Kane has been despondent, but his rage has also grown with each act perpetrated. At Vengeance, he?ll finally get he hands on those causing him such pain.

Posted Image

WWE Champion John Cena vs. Christian vs. Chris Jericho

After RAW drafted WWE Champion John Cena from SmackDown!, General Manager Eric Bischoff was able to sign a second world championship match for Vengeance - John Cena vs. Christian.

Not including Chris Jericho didn't sit well with the host of the Highlight Reel. So in an attempt to open Bischoff's eyes, Y2J attacked Cena from behind after a match in which Y2J was actually Cena's partner. The attack was not only personal, but it also encouraged Bischoff to add Jericho to the WWE Championship Match at Vengeance. 

Will RAW's newest champion be able to walk out of Vengeance with his spinner belt? If so, he will have to fend off both Christian and Chris Jericho.

Posted Image

Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels

Kurt Angle says they stole the show at WrestleMania 21. Next, they?ll try to hit the jackpot in Vegas.

New RAW Superstar Kurt Angle and Shawn Michaels renew their rivalry at Vengeance on June 26, and they?ll have their epic WrestleMania encounter to live up to.

The seeds of this rivalry were officially planted at the Royal Rumble, when HBK eliminated Angle only to have the enraged Olympic gold medalist re-enter the ring and dismantle Michaels with submission holds.

Then after weeks of sneak attacks and brawls, HBK and Angle squared off on the biggest stage of them all ? and they delivered a match for the ages full of near-falls and narrow escapes. The battle concluded with Michaels trapped in Kurt?s ankle lock and nowhere to go. After a prolonged fight, HBK tapped.

?The Showstopper? clearly hasn?t forgotten how things ended in the ring in Hollywood, as the moment Angle was drafted to RAW, HBK seized the opportunity to challenge him to a pay-per-view rematch. A confident Angle promptly accepted ? then reminded HBK how things ended the last time around.

Will Vengeance be another ?dream match? for Angle, or will ?Sweet Chin Music? find the mark in the desert? We?ll find out June 26.

Intercontinental Champion Carlito vs. Shelton Benjamin

At Vengeance, Shelton Benjamin will get an opportunity to recapture the championship he shockingly lost to former SmackDown! Superstar Carlito this past Monday on RAW.

Shelton Benjamin?s immensely successful eight-month Intercontinental Champion reign ended in the same fashion it began ? with a surprise match against a mystery opponent.

General Manger Eric Bischoff forced Benjamin to defend the Intercontinental Championship against RAW?s latest Draft Lottery selection, who turned out to be Carlito. In the match that immediately followed, Shelton again showed a willingness to take risks and do whatever it would take to retain.

For the first time, however, an athletic and dangerous move would lead to his downfall.

Benjamin attempted a soaring plancha over the top rope to Carlito on the outside, but the tip of his boot caught the top rope in the process. Benjamin corkscrewed to the concrete below, hitting Carlito but landing back- and head-first on the floor. He never fully recovered as Carlito smelled blood in the water and mounted his attack. Shelton would battle gamely, but Carlito managed a victory roll with leverage from the ring ropes to earn the three-count. In doing so, Carlito became Intercontinental Champion in his RAW debut, just as he had won the United States Championship in his SmackDown! debut.

At Vengeance, Shelton will get his chance to take the championship back. But will he be fully recovered, and will he have time to prepare for the newest member of the RAW roster? Watch the pay-per-view this Sunday to find out.

Victoria vs. Christy

After months of watching Christy gain all the accolades, Victoria viciously attacked the 2004 $250,000 RAW Diva Search winner, claiming she was tired of being witness to all her success, especially her Women's Championship Match at WrestleMania.

Victoria followed that with another vicious assault. This time, the former Women's Champion bloodied Christy backstage at RAW. Christy suffered a slight concussion and needed a few stitches from the attack of Victoria, but she?ll be ready to go for Vengeance. Victoria better look out for the fiery red head at Vengeance.

This Sunday, the two WWE Divas will square off in one-on-one action. Will Christy be able to exact revenge at Vengeance? Or will Victoria continue her onslaught?

Anyone ordering the show? It seems as if WWE is trying to put on a "super show" of sorts to follow up the ECW PPV.

I just want to point out that the IC match didn't get a spiffy picture on WWE.com like the other matches did. Shows how important that belt is to the company.

Guest Crucifixio Jones

No IC title match picture? OMG RAYCISM~!

I haven't ordered a WWE PPV since 'Mania XX. Does sound like a really solid show, though. I'd definitely like to see it but I won't spend MY money to do it.

I think HHH/Batista has been overhyped. I'm SO sick of hearing about that match and seeing that stupid video package, a video package that will most likely play again tonight on Heat and before the match starts. Angle/Michaels could be a good match, but like in the movies, sequels typically aren't as good. The rest of the show is either too predictable (Edge is about to get pushed so no way he jobs, no way Cena drops the belt in a match featuring the two biggest top tier jobbers in the company) or features characters no one really cares about.

Guest Bruiser Chong

My god, Shawn's looking more and more his age these days. I didn't realize there was a show tonight, but it does look like a strong effort from. Of course, I couldn't care less about any of the programs.

Guest teke184

My god, Shawn's looking more and more his age these days.  I didn't realize there was a show tonight, but it does look like a strong effort from.  Of course, I couldn't care less about any of the programs.

Other people are now just noticing it?

I was bringing it up about 2 years ago when I asked why a guy in his mid-40s is still coming out dressed like a gay cowboy and dancing to "Sexy Boy"...

Results via Melzerino:

The Heat match will be Hurricane & Rosey defending the tag titles against The Heart Throbs. Hurricane pinned Romeo with a sunset flip after Rosey clotheslined Romeo. Decent match.   

Carlito vs. Shelton Benjamin for the IC title opens the show. Coach is announcing with Ross & Lawler. Carlito undid the turnbuckle padding and Benjamin did a Stinger splash and hit his head on the exposed medal. Carlito won holding the tights. A lot of heat for this match with the near falls. Lots of pro Carlito and anti-Benjamin cheers and chants.     

Christy Hemme vs. Victoria is up now. Victoria won by blocking a sunset flip and holding onto the ropes for the pin. A lot of booing for Hemme when she made her comeback at the end.   

They are trying to make Cena into Rock by making fun of the announcers.   

Kane vs. Edge is up next. This was mind blowing. Snitsky kept intefering but in the end, Edge hit Snitsky with the briefcase when Kane moved. Kane choke slammed Edge and pinned him. And that was it. Always the sign of a smart creative when a heel act looks to have headlining potential and they job them in a mid card to a guy who has no business currently headlining. Is anyone surprised, though? Good match, but Matt Hardy was the move over guy in the match.   

Shawn Michaels vs. Kurt Angle is next. Shawn guaranteed a win. And guess what? This was a match of the year candidate. I'd say on par with their first match. They played off the Wrestlemania finish but this time Michaels got a rope break. Angle kicked out of the superkick, but for the finish, Angle came off the top rope into a superkick. They tried to do the Benjamin finish within Angle's limitations. Not as spectacular as the Benjamin finish but a better and longer match. Angle's mouth was busted. Michaels' eye was swollen. Fans gave Angle a big ovation after losing.     

HHH & Batista did a pull-apart.   

They have a couch in the ring. Just what we need at this point. Lillian Garcia is here apparently to service Viscera right in front of our very eyes. Lillian sang to Viscera and then asked Viscera to marry her. When Viscera was about to answer, the crowd screamed "No." That was funny. This sure isn't the 80s. Godfather showed up with ho's and told Viscera why limit yourself to one women. Lillian Garcia was in the ring crying as Viscera drooled all over five trashy looking strippers. The segment ended with Viscera saying he needed to rid the ho train and leaving with the skanky women. If there's a moral to this story, for all you women who watch wrestling, better to be a stripper who puts up with no morals and an ugly face than a singer and ring announcer no matter how good your looks are. If this ends the storyline, then I guess it's 15 minutes of bad medicine.   

John Cena vs. Christian vs. Chris Jericho is next. Much of the match was with one guy selling and the other two wrestling. Jericho and Christian did a great job of overcoming Cena's weaknesses. Super heat toward the end and a damn good match with lots of near falls. Finish saw Cena have Christian in the FU, and spun him to knock Jericho down and then delivered the move for the pin. This match did a great job in what is was attempting to accomplish.     

Batista pinned HHH in 27:00 in the Hell in a Cell match. By far the best match of Batista's life. This was considerably better than Cena vs. JBL at Judgment Day as a bloodbath weapons brawl. I sort of sensed this was HHH trying to send a message that he could do a weapons match better than ECW. They used a barbed wire wrapped chair (most likely gimmicked barbed wire), the sledge hammer, a chain, and ring steps. HHH even let Batista kick out of the pedigree. Both guys juiced heavily of course. Finish was a spinebuster on the ring steps followed by the demon bomb. HHH picked up the sledge hammer and teased using it to block the demon bomb, but Batista threw him down before he could use it.     This one is way worth getting the replay on.

Well, from Meltzer's account, this was a good show with some bad comedy in the middle. Of course, you knew with the success of the ECW show that they were going to try and load it to the max.

It will be interesting to read about the fallout in this week's upcoming Observer.

Guest CanadianChick

So where does HHH go from here, I wonder.

Feuding with Cena perhaps? There aren't too many faces left on Raw anymore, unless you count his good 'ol buddy HBK.

Guest Dorian

I get the feeling that the WWE is trying to make it so that Edge isn't a candidate to win a title, and then have Edge pull out his money in the bank shot, gain massive heat, and then win the title.

I mean, why else have him hold off on the shot? Makes no sense.

I say the SD title 6 way ends in a schmozz, and while Tazz and Cole are wondering who's the champ, Batista's music hits to announce the new draft pick.

That gives HHH the chance to squish Cena, you know he's probably shaking like a junkie in withdrawl since he hasn't had a belt in months *and* he jobbed on a PPV.

It would be totally against everything Vince stands for to job out his top babyface when he has a movie coming out. He's lost his mind the past few years and succumbed to the powers of nepotism, but if he's a bigger mark for anything than his son-in-law, it's mainstream exposure, and that's just how the company thinks. I asked Meltzer about it on WOL and he said the absolute earliest he sees HHH wanting the belt would be Summerslam, and he thinks in this case even HHH will say that he shouldn't get the belt until Cena's movie comes out.

Guest teke184

Unless he has several quick switches (that would damage the title) I don't see HHH lasting long enough to beat Flair.

Since when has damaging the title, or the other contenders, stood in Trips' way?

Witness the title split in 2002 where Trips got the vanity belt as well as Orton jobbing the belt to Trips in late 2004 after winning it at Summerslam.