Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-05-19-USWA-Memphis TV] Kerry Von Erich promo

Loss

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I thought Kerry's promo was fine. The content wasn't great, but Kerry is fired up and wants a piece of Lawler, and successfully got that across. It won't win any awards, but it does an effective job at setting up the issue for Monday night, and gets things back on track after The Snowman business.

• 1 year later...

Pete, the line referred to the fact that the winner of the SuperClash match (Lawler) was laying flat on his back in the middle of the ring unable to move, his face a bloody mess. Notwithstanding Kerry's own bloody face, I think I'd agree with him.

I don't know what happened to Kerry here, but he actually made more sense here than in all of his other promos this year put together. His only slipup was that his motorcycle accident was almost four years ago (June 4, 1986) not two and a half as he said here. Other than that, he keeps it short, simple, and to the point, which is always a good move for him.

I think the "Tennessee/Texas/vice versa" stuff may have been his extremely weak attempt at a joke. To paraphrase that noted wit Mean Gene Okerlund, if he threw it in, maybe he should have thrown it out.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

A taped Kerry promo airs and he references the motorcycle accident from a couple of years ago. He talks about his match with Jerry Lawler from Superclash III was stopped for blood when he had ‘The King’ down and pinned. He’s in the best shape of his life and is coming to take that title Monday night. Dave Brown closes by recapping when Kerry made an appearance in the studio and poured water over Lawler’s head.

After the angle with the Snowman I have zero interest in this match or what was said.

• GSR changed the title to [1990-05-19-USWA-Memphis TV] Kerry Von Erich promo