Pro Wrestling Only

• 2 months later...

The Summerslam main event is set - Hogan vs Earthquake. They announce that Brutus Beefcake is injured, but that Mr. Perfect isn't off the hook and will still need to defend the IC title. We also get a clip of the Harts/Demolition stuff from Superstars, with brief promos afterward. Crush's face paint still looks not quite right. I wonder if they were ribbing him by making him do it himself?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Yeah, you'd think they'd have mentioned Warrior/Rude first, then Hogan/Quake. It just goes to show that, champion or not, Warrior wasn't the man on top anymore, if he ever had been.

I wonder who would have taken Beefcake's place against Hennig if Kerry hadn't come in. They really had no one else set up to challenge Curt, though they could have always rushed someone into contention somehow, I suppose.

Standard stuff from the Harts and the Demos.

• 1 year later...

Gene says that ‘the heat returns’ as Summerslam is scheduled to take place on August 27th from the Philadelphia Spectrum. He announces that Hulk Hogan will be returning to face Earthquake, with Tugboat in the Hulkster’s corner and Dino Bravo and Jimmy Hart in Earthquake’s. Brutus Beefcake has been involved in a serious boating accident and has been sidelined in his quest to capture the Intercontinental title, however Jack Tunney has informed him that regardless of this, the belt will be defended at Summerslam. The other title bout will be Demolition defending the tag team belts against the Hart Foundation in a 2/3 falls match, but with only one member of Demolition allowed at ringside. We get a quick recap of what happened on the Brother Love Show and interviews from both teams, with Bret saying how they can’t be beat and that they’re going to take their belts back.

I didn’t even spot that they never made mention of the Ultimate Warrior vs Rick Rude match until reading the comments on here. I can just about understand seeing the match playing second fiddle to Hogan/Earthquake, but talking about the IC title, the Tag Team titles and no mention of your World title? Think the omission says plenty about their thoughts on Warrior at this point.

• GSR changed the title to [1990-07-14-WWF-Superstars] Update: Summerslam update