Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-12-01-NWA-World Championship Wrestling] Interview: Barry Windham & Arn Anderson

Loss

• 3 months later...

Windham claims that he's back three months early from his six-month vacation because there's Horsemen business to be taken care of. Ric Flair is missing! Arn and Windham vow revenge. They really could have gone overboard with the "Have you seen Ric Flair?" stuff. As much as I like this feud, SO many missed opportunities.

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty telling that Windham is now inserted into this angle. Arn cuts a fired-up money promo. Ric Flair's face showing up on milk cartons has all the potential in the world, but on one hand it wouldn't neatly tie in with the Scorpion angle--it would make it seem like Long & Doom were in on it which I don't think should be the effect. ("So Peter, why not have ANYONE ELSE as the Black Scorpion?" Be quiet).

Someone with more time on their hands than I needs to re-cut Soul Asylum's "Runaway Train" video with pictures and dates for Flair, the Clash XIII fan who got turned into a leopard, and the handcuffed Bobby Heenan.

• 2 years later...

Nice to see Barry back, and in buttkicking mode to boot. Arn's tremendous as always. If they were looking for a way to add heat and intrigue to the Horsemen/Doom match at Starrcade, they've certainly found it.

I'm guessing that Barry was rehabbing some sort of real-life injury during his time off. I seem to remember something about broken toes earlier in the year. Or was it a knee injury?

Actually, to answer my own question, it was both. According to Graham Cawthon, Barry suffered a broken bone in his left foot in Macon, Georgia on August 28 against Lex Luger, then in another match with Luger the following night in Rome, Georgia, he hyperextended his right knee and broke a few toes (no mention of which foot). In both matches, he was subbing for Sid. Other than his one-off at Havoc, I don't think he appeared from that day until now.

• GSR changed the title to [1990-12-01-NWA-World Championship Wrestling] Interview: Barry Windham & Arn Anderson