Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-01-20-WCW-Main Event] Danger Zone: Ric Flair & Scott Steiner

Loss

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting. They shot an angle between Flair and Scott Steiner at the Meadowlands. Flair is in his suit all cleaned up as the Steiners are leaving the building. Flair picks a fight and a shouting match ensues before the glowing mullets of Ricky Morton and Tommy Rich calm them down.

Back at the green screen, Flair does a nice promo putting the world title over big. This works in an interesting way - we see how valuable this is to Flair, so it creates a desire from the wrestling fan to see someone take it from him. Well, that's the way it would work if he hadn't just won it back and WCW fans weren't elated about that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Flair being Flair, he rips Scotty for challenging him, conveniently forgetting that he's the one who started the whole mess by baiting Rick and Scotty in the first place. It's interesting that they'd go all the way back to the gauntlet in mid-September to provide a foundation for this bout; I'm sure Scotty's not the only one who's pinned Flair since then. At any rate, we'll see what kind of a match we get with the title on the line.

I was so focused on Flair and Scotty that I missed Rotundo high-fiving Barry. But that shouldn't have surprised anyone, considering that they're longtime tag team partners and brothers-in-law. I did see Mike kind of goofily waving to the camera for no good reason, which made me smile.

• GSR changed the title to [1991-01-20-WCW-Main Event] Danger Zone: Ric Flair & Scott Steiner