Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-03-23-WWF-Superstars] Interview: Ultimate Warrior

Loss

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Warrior is ready to destroy Savage at WrestleMania. He’s ready to bury Macho at WrestleMania with the services of Undertaker and Paul Bearer. It is interesting to see the week before WrestleMania Warrior talking about the future feud with Undertaker. I don’t remember them interacting at all on show so i think they could have waited until after WrestleMania on the promos.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Not a bad promo by Warrior's standards, but they're giving away the finish of the match plain as day. Would anyone honestly expect Warrior not to react negatively to Taker and Percy taunting him if he lost? Would anyone expect him not to seek revenge in the ring? My guess is that if Savage had wanted to stay active, they'd have put him over somehow through Taker's outside interference, then had Jack Tunney void Warrior's retirement so he could get his hands on Taker. In other words, Warrior wasn't going anywhere, any way, anyhow, win or lose. Savage's legit desire to retire simply made things easier.

I hope Warrior checked into the hospital at some point after the match and got that piece of Savage's scepter removed from his head. Then again, maybe it actually helped him think more clearly, so he decided to keep it! :D

• GSR changed the title to [1991-03-23-WWF-Superstars] Interview: Ultimate Warrior