Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-02-01-ECW-TV] Terry Funk promo

Loss

• 3 weeks later...

Terry Funk cuts a somber, billion star promo talking about his father and tying it into the recent attack on Tommy Dreamer. Best promo of the year so far, maybe one of the best of all time. He actually breaks down in tears. Terry Funk has been golden in every segment he's been part of so far, but this is one of the best things I've ever seen Terry Funk involved in at all. He sets his sights on the ECW title for one last run.

• 2 weeks later...

Terry winding Dreamer's latest attack into Dory sr. going for the belt in 1973 is amazing. We turn out that Dory Sr. had a heart attack while wrestling. We get the story of how he died in a powerful moment. Funk then sets his sights on winning the championship from Raven.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1997-02-01-ECW-TV] Terry Funk promo
  • 6 months later...

Phenomenal promo. I saw this a few years ago and was blown away by it without actually knowing when it was from, so as soon as this popped up I hoped it I hoped it was the same one. How can you watch this and not want Funk to win the belt? Man that guy is the fucking best.