Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-08-02-NWA] Reckless Youth vs Devon Storm (Cage)

Loss

• 1 month later...

In order to win, the wrestler has to secure a pinfall that's a result of a move off the top of the cage. They end up taking forever to enter the cage. I didn't care for this at all, as it was about as indy as indy gets, but it needed to be on the set to show what the U.S. indy scene was like at this point.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

There is about a 90% chance I taped this. I recorded the show for Dennis, as his son Marc was an online friend around this time. This show took place down the street from my parents house, which as a young wrestling fan, it was always cool to walk two blocks to hit an indy show.

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome story Cox.

Pretty sure this is Dave Prazak announcing which seems a little odd but it sure sounded just like him. Hat guy is here so this match is legit. I thought the match and Storm in particular was terrible in this match. I didn't understand his strategy at all as Youth was incapacitated and he would dick around and even sent him to the outside in a dumb moment. Even the impressive, indy-rific spots werent performed as cleanly here as in the Surge match earlier. Finishing frog splash from top looked good but Storm kicks out at 1. WTF? Then Youth covers him and wins. This was a mess all around and probably the worst match of substance that will make the 1997 yearbook.

• 1 year later...

Bad stuff here--this was a very inauspicious first look at Youth and Storm worked kind of dumb too, though his actual move execution was fine, at least in comparison to the OMEGA stuff. The presence of the cage was dumb if they were going to brawl all over the building anyway. Lots of eye-rolling moments not just limited to the constant entering and exiting of the cage, like Youth's Asai moonsault to nowhere and the blown finish.

• GSR changed the title to [1997-08-02-NWA] Reckless Youth vs Devon Storm (Cage)