Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-10-10-Michinoku Pro] Dick Togo & Mens Teoh & Shoichi Funaki vs Super Delphin & Naohiro Hoshikawa & Masato Yakushiji

Loss

• 2 months later...

Good match in this series, even if it is quite a few steps down from their better outings of the year. Super Delphin shows off his newly roided body and looks ridiculous. Funaki wears face paint and cornrolls for some reason. This lacks heat and falls off the tracks at times, I think because it's a little too long with a few too many nearfalls.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Good god Delphin looked like a monster. I asked Charles if he had a legit injury or just did a roid rehab. Anyone know for sure? I love M-Pro 6-mans even though this did feel a step down from some of the stuff we have seen before. The double chokeslam overhead throw that Kaientai did here needs to be lifted by Reigns/Ambrose pronto. Fun times all around and Delphin looked good.

• 1 year later...

Good to see Yakushiji back again, though he's a bit off from his '96 peak. Glad to see everyone else had the same reaction to Delfin that I did--I can't tell if he's holding his arms out like that to try to show off his juiced body or if he's literally so thick and roided that he can't put them all the way down at his sides. Pretty fun match, but it's hurt by some uncharacteristic sloppiness at points. It still builds well to the babyfaces isolating Togo in the ring and eventually grounding him into defeat--it does take a bit too long to get there, and Delfin whiffs badly on what's supposed to be the closing Shotei, making the finish even more anticlimactic.

• 1 year later...

From a match quality perspective this was mediocre. Dull beatdown segments and sloppy execution were the problems. What it did have was unintentional comedy value in spades. The Super one had been away and now made his comeback as the new and improved(?) Steroid Delfin. I guess that he was either angling for a WWF deal, or just imitating his idol Liger again. Either way he looked ridiculous. Delfin's lats were so wide compared with his hips that he couldn't physically put his arms down by his sides! With the mask as well he could've made a 1950's B Movie Sci-Fi monster. The high, or lowlight came with the Shotei finishing move. An abomination that was mainly Dick's fault to be fair. What was he doing?

• GSR changed the title to [1997-10-10-Michinoku Pro] Dick Togo & Mens Teoh & Shoichi Funaki vs Super Delphin & Naohiro Hoshikawa & Masato Yakushiji