Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-12-08-WWF-Raw] Marc Mero and Sable

Loss

• 2 months later...

Marc Mero is upset about wrestling a jobber. His name isn't Salvatore Sincere -- it's Tom Brandi. Jim Ross gets in a Johnny B. Badd joke. They bring out Sable who is about to become a big part of the wrestling landscape, and Mero has her in a potato sack. Mero is abusing her and wants her to take off his ring robe, but instead she takes off her potato sack to uncover a very revealing bikini, which the crowd loves.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

JR dont give a fuck on this show as he drops the "IM A BADDDD MAN" line during this interview. Sable is wearing a potato sack and getting abused by marc. This is overtaken when she reveals a bikini to the delight of the audience. This will be something to look out for in 1998

• 1 year later...

History is made as Mero drops the "jobber" word on wrestling television. Then he outs Sal Sincere as Tom Brandi in a "stupid gimmick." Ross gets in one of the Zingers of the Year in response to that--"Yeah, and I'm a baaaad man." Mero then brings out his "property"--Sable in a potato sack. Sable reveals a bikini instead of disrobing Mero, and I'm sorry, but I still don't get it with her. She's in great shape but I don't see her as being overly attractive. Mero chases Sable to the back and gets counted out--this was the *second* straight match on this show to end in this fashion, a countout as soon as the match starts (Vader chased Goldust to the back after he flashed him, resulting in a countout win for Jeff Jarrett). Wrestling has taken a complete and total back seat to everything else--part of it due to a depleted and injured roster, part of it due to the Russo influence, part of it due to desperation. "Only referee in the country that takes 30 seconds to count to 10"--Chad is right, Ross has absolutely no fucks left to give at this point. I could rip on JR for being unprofessional as I have in the past, but I find it hard to blame him. There's nothing overly wrong with this segment in particular, but these shows as a whole give off a late-'80s World Class or 2000s WCW vibe more than they do a company about to start its most profitable run ever.

• 1 year later...

Famous segment. Mero calls Sal Sincere a jobber & buries the gimmick saying his name is Tom Brandi. He calls out his "property" Sable who he makes wear a potato sack to the ring. What the hell. He asks her to disrobe him & she removes the potato sack instead & shows off a bikini. She's not hiding much. Big pop for this. Sincere dropkicks Mero out of the ring as he's covering up Sable & Mero takes Sable to the back upset. Sincere wins by count-out which takes forever & JR gets out a great line about it taking 30 seconds to do a 10 count. I'm not a Sable fan, but a fun segment nonetheless.

• GSR changed the title to [1997-12-08-WWF-Raw] Marc Mero and Sable