Pro Wrestling Only

Bobby Eaton vs. Ricky Morton

goodhelmet

Eaton vs. Morton  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who was better?

• Beautiful Bobby
    • Rockin' Ricky

tough call, both guys represent my favorite 2 tag teams off all time, I'd say Eaton was better on offense, Morton had more charisma, Eaton did better high spots, Morton sold a lot better, IMO both guy's should have/could have done a lot more than they were allowed the opportunity to do! All that said tho I went with Eaton but after writing this up & thinking longer & more in depth I really think Morton was better, I had the privilege of working both men in separate matches over the years, Morton more times that Eaton but both were like a night off, I Love them both...

For me, Eaton shades it by a hair.

Like has been previously mentioned Morton is unparalleled as the babyface in peril and is much better on the stick, and in normal circumstances that would edge it; however Eaton worked for for JCP/WCW from 1985 - 2000 (which is a great run when you think about it) as well as dipping his toe into ECW. He had a fun run with Regal in the Blue Bloods and on the whole was easier to repackage compared to Morton. I also feel he was more innovative with his moves compared to Morton.

I really hated Morton as a single in WCW in 1991 as part of the York Foundation - to me his size was really exposed in singles matches.

In closing both are top tier 80's US workers and I even though I am going with Eaton I would never argue with anyone who chooses Morton over him.