Pro Wrestling Only

Matches with the best commentary.

slabinski611

I highly recommend seeking out the 1994 version of the Coliseum Video "Bloopers, Bleeps, and Bodyslams." Almost all of the matches are done by the awesome team of Gorilla Monsoon and Johnny Polo, and it's obvious they're having a blast.

Holy shit, that sounds awesome. That's the first time I've ever heard of that, I'd imagine its hilarious.

The first match on the tape is Razor vs Crush, and Polo points out Mr Fuji, and starts talking about how much he loved Fuji Vice!

I highly recommend seeking out the 1994 version of the Coliseum Video "Bloopers, Bleeps, and Bodyslams." Almost all of the matches are done by the awesome team of Gorilla Monsoon and Johnny Polo, and it's obvious they're having a blast.

And as an outlier - I thought their commentary on the Bret/Shawn cage match was sub par with Polo just nagging about the same thing over and over. Took away from the match a bit.

One of my favorite fun matches is Ernest Miller vs. Elix Skipper on a Nitro in 2000, and part of what makes that match so much fun is Steve Ray giving a Dusty Rhodes-like performance on commentary. He's having a blast and going crazy for the fun spots, and it's always more fun when the announcers are enjoying it. He also does a good job with the storyline by explaining how feuds like this are bound to happen when one wrestler has a woman valet. Unlike Dusty, he doesn't have a funny sounding voice, but he makes up for this by having a unique vocabulary.

And as an outlier - I thought their commentary on the Bret/Shawn cage match was sub par with Polo just nagging about the same thing over and over. Took away from the match a bit.

You obviously don't want Gorilla/Polo on a serious match. You do want them on Damien Demento vs Tatanka.