Pro Wrestling Only

1980s Lucha Wrestling Party #3

#3 is up. Busy weekend, forgot to post...

Atlantis vs. El Satanico (1984)

Mocho Cota vs. Americo Rocca (1/27/84)

Mocho Cota vs. Americo Rocca (2/3/84)

Atlantis y Lizmark vs. El Egipcio y El Faraón (2/17/84)

El Faraón, Herodes y Mocho Cota vs. Lizmark, Ringo Mendoza y Tony Salazar (2/24/84)

http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkC...6382&cmd=tc

This time round, I'm going to leave podcast specific comments here and match reviews in the threads.

1. Johnny - do you see an argument for Dave Brown over Gene Okerlund?

2. Ole Anderson .. lmao :lol:

3. I saw this Robin Williams stand-up show once where he was sarcastic and even quite biting that I thought was pretty good.

4. All the different guys you said Cota looks like, he reminds me a little bit of The Master from Dr Who. Original Roger Delgado version:

Posted Image

5. Totally agree with Will that El Egipico and El Faraon could have mixed it up with any of the classic 80s babyface teams.

6. I swear I called Harley Race before you guys, check my notes.

7. Johnny, I should note that I'm not exactly a structure guy or a logic guy (though I do take those things into consideration). I'm a character guy before anything else. But that first 6-man on the set was totally chaotic to the point where I literally had no idea what was going on. I just couldn't follow it on the most basic level. This 6-man is one of my favourite ever 6-man matches though.