Pro Wrestling Only

The Jim Cornette Experience

It may have something to do with the genre. Conrad has completely exhausted the timeline genre and the interview genre relies too heavily on the guest. I can't remember the last buzzworthy guest on the Jericho pod, in fact the last Jericho podcast I was inclinced to tune into was the appearance he made on Austin's WWE show.

I don't think the wrestling scene could have played out any better for Jim than it did in the past 18 months or so either. Whether it was all the CM Punk news, Cody leaving AEW only to get over with the WWE audience, the Bloodline success, MJF's rise, Vince etc. These are all topics Jim has built his brand on and he's been proven right more often than not.

Drama has always been a popular genre on YouTube and there's nobody better at monetizing it in Pro Wrestling than Corny.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I think a few things help;

* Cornette; he and Last have a great rapport.  Their non wrestling bits, especially on food and travel, feel natural and are generally relatable/funny. 

* Last is a good straight man who isn't afraid to disagree with Cornette.  He also does his research and know his stuff.

* They are willing to go in hard on both major promotions and not pull punches.  As mentioned a lot of stuff elsewhere sounds like shilling.  He clearly doesn't care much who he pisses off and that's a good thing.

* As mentioned it's helped a lot Cornette has been proven right.  The fact they have nailed a lot of what's going on gives him credibility where others don't.

Is it perfect show no, it's way too long and Cornette can get lost rehashing the same things over and over again, but it's better than a lot of what's still out there.