Pro Wrestling Only

Favourite submissions holds

JerryvonKramer

In retrospect, it should have tipped me off that wrestling was a work when at 8 years old, even putting a sharpshooter on my 4 year old brother was functionally impossible if he struggled even slightly.

I could occasionally lock in a single leg boston crab though :)

Really? I have been able to cinch the sharpshooter on buddies that weren't entirely cooperative. The problem is they, and I by process, quickly found out how nonlethal it really could be if done right. It is just crossing your legs around and bending them over. If you elevate them, it hurts more but the way Bret does it sometimes and others do it, it is just like laying on a flat surface with your legs up in the air like girls do, reading magazines or whatever, but with a guy holding your legs and sitting on your back.

Yeah, I could never keep his legs crossed around my leg while he was still on his back. It was super easy for him to just twitch or kick his way out of that setup. I could never hold on that setup before turning him. The crab was fast enough that I could do it, but not the sharpshooter.

Yeah, I could never keep his legs crossed around my leg while he was still on his back. It was super easy for him to just twitch or kick his way out of that setup. I could never hold on that setup before turning him. The crab was fast enough that I could do it, but not the sharpshooter.

The problem was probably that you didn't give him a backbreaker or a side Russian legsweep beforehand.

The Boston Crab or half-crab are always holds that look painful if done right. I'm also a fan of the Fujiwara arm bar too. It seems like an immediate arm breaker if done properly for real.

It is.

I've loved Cattle Mutilation since I saw Muta bust it out at Starrcade '89 and didn't have a name for it. "Cattle Mutilation" is a stupid name but "bridged double arm bar" is kind of a mouthful. I also like a good Indian deathlock.

Really, if the execution is there, I like pretty much any hold except those where the wrestler puts themselves on their back. Those seem pretty self defeating.