Pro Wrestling Only

PTB Episode 281: PTB/PWO Summit - WCW 1994, Part One

In part one of this new episode of the PTB Podcast, Scott and Justin welcome in Charles and Will from Pro Wrestling Only to talk about World Championship Wrestling in 1994. They discuss the great PPV run the company was on, where Spring Stampede ranks on the all time list, Steven Regal, Dustin Rhodes, Arn Anderson and much more.

Stay tuned for part two, coming Friday night!

So fire up this action packed episode and join Scott, Justin, Will and Charles because it is time for another edition of the PTB Podcast!

http://placetobenation.com/place-to-be-pod...-1994-part-one/

Check out more from the Place to Be Podcast right here at Place to Be Nation including interviews with Kevin Kelly, J.J. Dillon, Scott Keith, Christopher Robin Zimmerman, Christopher Daniels, Brian Shields, Gary Michael Cappetta, Scott Hudson, Bruno Lauer, Stevie Richards, Eddie Edwards and many, many more.

Also, the PTB Podcast is now available on the Stitcher Radio app! Visit www.stitcher.com for more information!

Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter as well as help out Place to Be Nation by checking out these great items!

www.facebook.com/placetobenation

@Place2BeNation

Had a blast doing the show tonight. Can't wait until tomorrow when we get to talk about Slamboree and Bash at the Beach.

Chad, it wasn't until halfway through the show that I found the mute button on my mic. The baby was hungry and that makes for interesting audio.

As long as the little one didn't pull the backstage diva act that JR's little one did during JR's and Scott's appearance on Where The Big Boys Play that made JR miss the discussion of the last few matches of the show they were covering! =;)

Also, to follow along, these are the two cards we covered on the show...

Superbrawl IV - Civic Center; Albany, GA 2/20/1994

- Harlem Heat vs. Thunder & Lightning

- Terry Taylor vs. Dallas Page

- Johnny B Badd vs. Jimmy Garvin

- TV Title: Champ Steve Regal vs. Arn Anderson

- WCW Tag Team Titles: Cactus Jack & Maxx Payne vs. The Nasty Boys

- Thundercage Match: Sting, Brian Pillman, & Dustin Rhodes vs. Steve Austin, Rick Rude, & Paul Orndorff

- Thundercage Match for WCW World Title: Champ Ric Flair vs. Big Van Vader

Spring Stampede 1994 - Rosemont Horizon; Rosemont, IL 4/17/1994

- Johnny B Badd vs. Dallas Page

- TV Title: Champ Steven Regal vs. Brian Pillman

- Chicago Street Fight for WCW Tag Team Title: Champs The Nasty Boys vs. Cactus Jack & Maxx Payne

- US Title: Champ Steve Austin vs. The Great Muta

- Bunkhouse Match: Bunkhouse Buck vs. Dustin Rhodes

- Sting vs. Rick Rude

- Big Van Vader vs. The Boss

- WCW World Title: Champ Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat

• 2 weeks later...

Loss you said the Dustin/Buck match had a different sensibility than the Tag brawl. What exactly do you mean? Plus dirty south is great. cracked me up Loss great point about Harley. I said on Titans Harley was the best and worst manager of all time. Part of the problem is people like Steamboat sold for Harley like it was 78.

Loss you said the Dustin/Buck match had a different sensibility than the Tag brawl. What exactly do you mean? Plus dirty south is great. cracked me up Loss great point about Harley. I said on Titans Harley was the best and worst manager of all time. Part of the problem is people like Steamboat sold for Harley like it was 78.

I meant that Dustin vs Buck is more about the intensity and hate while the tag brawl is more about weapons. Dustin vs Buck was more like Memphis or Mid South, while the tag was more like an FMW brawl. I think fans popped more for the weapons shots in the tag and more for the retribution spots in the singles match. Does that make sense?

And yeah, Vader matches during this time were ostensibly Vader/Race handicap matches. Race took great bumps and probably added to the matches more than he didn't, so I don't fault him too much. But Vader was good enough without Race working so hard.