Pro Wrestling Only

Ricky Morton wins NWA Jr. Heavyweight Title

JazeUSA

what does this say about the current state of the National Wrestling Alliance? I Love Ricky & wrestled him several times but isn't he just a few pounds over the Jr weight limit?

This match got them more pub than the NWA World title switch hours earlier on what will end up being the second biggest show in the world this year.

Also, i'm not going to sit here and try to sell people on modern NWA, but the new regime has made honest efforts to clean up the brand. They've made an effort to book well known professional champions who are willing to travel as opposed to allowing mark promoters (and wrestlers) to buy title reigns, they've kicked out the dirty promoters from the alliance instead of simply collecting fees from whoever is willing to pay, and they've got a decent little deal going with New Japan.

NWA jokes have gotten to be like Saturday Night Live jokes. Both are well past their peak, but most of the people who go out of their way to make cracks aren't even paying attention and usually have no clue what's going on. It's just shit people say at this point.

Pretty sure that is one of Ricky's kids. He's had a kid with him as a towel boy/manager who works the crowd for YEARS now on indie dates

You would be correct.

yeah, its pretty cool, that kid can work a 20 minute match & call his own spots right now, he is the future rock & roller....

what does this say about the current state of the National Wrestling Alliance? I Love Ricky & wrestled him several times but isn't he just a few pounds over the Jr weight limit?

This match got them more pub than the NWA World title switch hours earlier on what will end up being the second biggest show in the world this year.

Also, i'm not going to sit here and try to sell people on modern NWA, but the new regime has made honest efforts to clean up the brand. They've made an effort to book well known professional champions who are willing to travel as opposed to allowing mark promoters (and wrestlers) to buy title reigns, they've kicked out the dirty promoters from the alliance instead of simply collecting fees from whoever is willing to pay, and they've got a decent little deal going with New Japan.

NWA jokes have gotten to be like Saturday Night Live jokes. Both are well past their peak, but most of the people who go out of their way to make cracks aren't even paying attention and usually have no clue what's going on. It's just shit people say at this point.

Well, what is going on then? It's easy crack jokes at it the NWA is as visible as, well not much. But if you know otherwise then educate us on it. I'd be interested.

• 3 weeks later...

Everything I have seen from the NWA in terms of teh World Title has been good, even after the mess with Pearce and Cabana....I enjoyed Conway's reign..he had some good defences...using the Japanese promotions heavily is a GREAT idea..

The NWA will NEVER be the high known HUGE company again...unless wrestling in general hits a boom...but check out some of the major champions and their defences...some wont disappoint..