Pro Wrestling Only

PTBN's WrestleMania XXVIII Rewind with Will, Pete, Brad and Johnny

Join Brad (Managing Editor at PTBN), Will (Good Will Wrestling, Wrestling With the Past and more), Pete (Titans of Wrestling) and Johnny (Titans of Wrestling) as they look back at WrestleMania XXVIII from Miami! They break down the infamous 18 second Daniel Bryan / Sheamus match ("angle"), talk about the divisive End of an Era tilt, discuss Chris Jericho's character work vs. CM Punk and look back at what was fondly once remembered as "Once in a Lifetime."

http://placetobenation.com/place-to-be-network-wrestlemania-xxviii-rewind/

Besides looking forward to Bryan-Sheamus (the 18 seconds was infuriating at the time), the only other match I really enjoyed the build for was Team Johnny vs. Team Teddy. I distinctly remember the build having great heat with some fun segments. The match itself was fun, but ended up being a tad disappointing.

We mention it on the show but they really fucked up having Booker T playing FIP for such a long time on the Team Teddy side.

We question if Maria Menunos shit her pants.

The Punk-Jericho debate centers around the "Drunk Punk" angle. I thought it was a stupid thing to center the feud on.

Being there live, Bryan-Sheamus was a huge mistake.

I'm okay with the logic behind "Once In A Lifetime" turning out to be bullshit, and it was even explained logically in kayfabe during the build towards the rematch.

MAYBE if the title wasn't involved I can see people being annoyed and all "well, that's wrestling logic," but I'd be more upset that after the "End of An Era" match, both Triple H and Undertaker would wrestle on the next TWO WrestleMania cards (and yes that is taking into account that both pretty much have wrestled in combined matches that can be counted on one hand since), if I wanted to be upset at the WWE not adhering to marketing and gimmick hype surrounding matches.