Pro Wrestling Only

Leave questions for Rob Conway

W2BTD

Haven't specifically sought out any of his previous shoot interviews or anything, so maybe he's been asked before - but I'd like to hear his thoughts on the series with Nick Dinsmore.

Also thoughts on the treatment & emphasis on developmental with NXT today versus the old farm system style of Ohio Valley.

Any good stories about experiences with Cornette as OVW booker.

His predictions on the possibilities for the future of the NWA moving forward.

And possibly round it out with some word association. Could be cool to hear his impulsive responses to a few of the names out there - from Corny or Prichard to other coaches currently active out in Florida.

Even if none of those suggestions get used, I'm looking forward to the show. Good luck with it, guys.

Unfortunately his agent didn't do a great job of communication with Conway so we weren't sure when we were supposed to call. Thus, the interview didn't happen yesterday but we are in talks directly with Rob to have this happen again sometime very soon.

Thanks for the questions, we promise we'll get to them if we have the time and if the interview does actually happen.

What exactly was the Con Man gimmick supposed to be anyhow? I mean, I get that the moniker was a play on his last name, but other than that? I never quite grasped the concept or what it was intended to imply, I guess. He looked and acted like Buff Bagwell Lite or Scotty Riggs Zero, where he was sort of this American Male out of time - playing a bit of a jerk that thought he was a much bigger deal than he really was.

Is that really the extent of the character? Or did I miss something? I had dialed out a bit back around then, with SO MANY of the mid-card acts just feeling mashed together for me.

We're excited to be joined on the podcast by former NWA World Heavyweight Champion and World Tag Team Champion in both WWE and NWA — Rob Conway!

We cover a multitude of topics including Rob's work in New Japan Pro Wrestling and the National Wrestling Alliance, adapting to the Japanese style, the awesomeness of Bruce Tharpe, what it's like to wrestle at the Tokyo Dome and much more. We also discuss his beginnings in the wrestling business, his run in Ohio Valley Wrestling, his debut in World Wrestling Entertainment, "The Con-Man" and so much more.