Pro Wrestling Only

How important is watching everything to you?

BigBadMick

I watch RAW every Monday. Sometimes I catch Smackdown, sometimes I don't. I tape it a lot. I can watch Main Event, Superstars, NXT, or whatever else on the Network whenever. I can see all the great stuff outside of WWE through WKO match recommendations. Watching older footage comes and goes. I'll be off to work for the summer until August in two weeks. I'm mostly bored as of the last two weeks since school's been out and I've watched a decent amount of wrestling stuff. I watch a shit ton of TV outside of wrestling but it's all sports. I do my best to catch at least bits and pieces of every NBA playoff game, I switch channels a lot on Monday's during football season, Saturdays are an all day affair of College football watching in the fall, and the same goes for Sunday's. If I weren't working this summer I would watch a shit ton of the World Cup. I always try to watch some of March Madness and the NBA regular season. So on and so forth. So it's hard to juggle my interests sometimes. I don't watch that much TV outside of wrestling and sports though. I think it mostly stinks.

I try but I'm also a father of a two-year old and have a lot of other things pulling me in so many different directions. Whenever I do have time I like to watch highly recommended cards and/or things I may have missed over the years.

I quit watching from 2004-2013 so there's a lot to catch up on.

If you are referring to me, Dave has had some major issues he's had to tend to. We will be starting back up in July, discussed it last night actually

As much as I enjoy WrestlingCulture, I was poking at Will.

Will hasn't let life get in his way. I have. :)

Anyway, I don't feel the need to watch everything, but I do feel the need to watch everything that's recommended by someone whose opinion I respect, is widely praised or is hotly debated. I'd love to find the time to watch everything, but I really don't know how I'd get anything else done, things like raising a child, cooking dinner, cleaning and doing laundry, running errands ... the day-to-day stuff that I don't always enjoy but is just a fact of life.

If you are referring to me, Dave has had some major issues he's had to tend to. We will be starting back up in July, discussed it last night actually

As much as I enjoy WrestlingCulture, I was poking at Will.

Will hasn't let life get in his way. I have. :)

There are the Wrestling Cities and Lucha Party podcasts too! Maybe even something I'm forgetting.

I watch RAW, SD, Main Event, Superstars, NXT, Impact, CMLL (Time Warner Deportes version) every week.

I catch Championship Wrestling from Hollywood, TCW, & AAW on MaddyGTV most weeks, but if I fall way behind I skip ahead and won't backtrack.

I watch every New Japan show that makes tape (I will blow off the occasional generic house show that pops up if it's just random tags).

I watch most Dragon Gate, but will cherry pick or skip if I fall way behind. All iPPV's get watched no matter what,

NOAH, All Japan, W-1 shows that make tape will usually get cherry picked at minimum. I will completely skip sometimes if I don't like anything on a show.

ROH I watch very randomly & sporadically. I go to every live show within driving distance (these days just San Antonio).

DGUSA & EVOLVE, I used to buy every show, now I pick & choose.

Other puro (mostly DDT, or other random promotions like Zero-1) gets watched if something is hyped by someone I trust. Same for random lucha matches. I used to watch DTU every week, but fell way behind and haven't watched in a while.

So that's a ton of wrestling every week. Plus I go to at least one live show per month, usually two or three. With the Network, I will randomly put on an old show now & then as background noise. Recently I started rewatching the Clash's in order. I plan on binge watching World Class & ECW when the libraries fill up (was doing this as they popped up but got annoyed at the skipping around they were doing with the releases because I NEED to watch stuff in order).

I think, for me, in this era of being a wrestling fan, I still watch WWE because I enjoy the community more so than the programming. I do still get entertainment from WWE, especially good matches on PPV. Yet I seem to more enjoy discussing shows on forums, even if I'm always negative, or talking about wrestling with friends, reminiscing about old wrestlers or listening to podcasts.

I watch non-WWE stuff too, especially a lot of New Japan, but there's not a lot of people that I know that watch or talk about that, or people on forums familiar with it or talking about it, or podcasts talking about it. If I watch RAW, I'm up-to-date. If I watch the last NJPW iPPV, I'm watching it alone & keeping my thoughts to myself for the most part.

I guess wrestling to me at this point in my life is something social, which is sort of odd as wrestling isn't as popular now as it was when I was in high school. When I was in high school there wasn't social media though. Or hell, I didn't even have internet.

I think that's part of the reason why I only care about RAW & WWE PPVs & not the B-shows (as I mentioned on the first page). Most fans or friends don't watch Smackdown, Main Event, TNA or whatever else.

And yeah, a lack of time isn't something that's a problem for me. If time was an issue, I wouldn't be reading & replying on message forums.

Where do some of you find the time? Don't you sleep?

I watch a lot of baseball during the summer. I'm lucky if I can watch 30 minutes a night, tops, of wrestling. Generally maybe one or two shows a week at the most on disc. Kudos to the guy that's watched all of the WCW PPVs through 1990 in the past two months. Wow.

I think, for me, in this era of being a wrestling fan, I still watch WWE because I enjoy the community more so than the programming.

Yup.

Aside from when I was a kid in the late 80's/early 90's, and the hot in ring period of the end of '12 - '13, WWE has pretty much never given me the kind of wrestling product that I wanted to see. I get far more enjoyment from talking about & analyzing WWE then I do actually watching it. But the fact of the matter is, if you like keeping up with the wrestling business, you have to keep up with WWE. And i'm always interested in their business & happenings no matter how bad the actual content is.

Work takes me to a hotel where the lions share of my wrestling is viewed, though I have watching a lot at home as of late too. I watch Raw on Hulu, Main Event and NXT when they go up on the network. Smackdown has become completely expendable, most weeks I don't even watch it. I have been trying to watch everything in the 2014 folder on the board which keeps me current on wrestling worldwide........even if I am 5 months behind.

When trying to fall asleep in the hotel I put on an old show on the Network. I am trying to watch everything in order, currently on an MSG show in '86. I try to cram wrestling into life.