Pro Wrestling Only

PTBN - Payback 2014 Reaction

Haha. Yeah. That reaction from the rest of the group was classic. Momentary awkward silence. Followed by a series of what sounded like, "Uck. Yuck. Fuck. Uck." Had me cracking up.

Poor Scott. I'm digging his gimmick of being the odd man out in almost every discussion though.

This panel was great, by the way. You guys had just enough varying thoughts and impressions to share & put out there. Really like it when there's a little tension & difference of opinion that way.

And I'm really glad I waited to finish this one up until after I caught Raw.

They aren't complete garbage, but I'm not exactly itching to rush them onto TV. They still seem to be lacking something to me. The entrance is there. Their presentation as the bruising brutes - like an updated Demolition - works for them and resonates a bit.

I think the Total Elimination CAN get over big for them, as it's one of those sudden, instant, snapping moves that tends to pop the crowd. It looks exciting, but I want them to get the execution down. Because it's a hit or miss move, and it goes from looking like sudden death to absolute phantom bump REAL fast. So it requires a little practice & precision. It's like the 3D. It got over for the quickness & the way it came out of nowhere. But it STAYED over, because the timing they snapped it off with was so precise & nearly flawless.

The thing that drags them down, for me, is just the gimmick. Not gonna lie. I don't care for the whole Ministry of Darkness, Brood, goth gimmick. I don't see it as anything viable or valuable in this day and age. I just don't. Channeling that True Blood or Twilight fan base is one thing, but borrowing the Barbarian's wardrobe and behaving like... what? Werewolves? I don't even know what they're supposed to be anymore.

I guess I'd just like to see them freshen up the CHARACTERS and flesh out their real personalities a bit before getting the call to move up. Because I definitely think they've got the right assets to at least work on the main shows. And somebody clearly wants them there, since they've kept the act going for this long. Victor isn't bad at all. He's been quite good for awhile actually. And Connor has kind of been elevated by way of showing more intensity and urgency within this realm of the tag ranks.

But they need more depth. More defined characters. Something. If they were to get called up anytime soon, I don't see them doing much more than IMMEDIATELY taking a backseat to Harper & Rowan anyhow. The Wyatts are just as big and intimidating, but they're more versatile. Plus they have built-in connection with the crowd. And their look as "monsters" is believable and realistic. The Wyatts' modern day Moondogs look is more frightening than the animal hide & leather chap combo of the Ascension. Just my two cents though.

Loved Johnny's Sullivan > Bo theorizing. The little discussion on Cena was fascinating.

Really fun show with a top panel. Is this going to be a regular thing?

They've been doing them for all the PPV's for a while. They are my favorite of any of the PPV review pods like WON, Torch, LAW, etc. Great stuff always.