Pro Wrestling Only

Loss

• 1 month later...

You, Heartbreak. That line was delivered as bad as I thought and kind of played up the obnoxious nature of everything. I don't think Shawn dressing nicer and classier when with Tyson is an accident given the amount of mainstream attention he may receive. HHH still feels very two-bit and we get clips of Chyna taking out Owen's ankle and HHH regaining the European title. Owen really had to win that match at Mania to be relevant. HBK does the final sell job for the PPV and it is effective and we have had a cohesive build without being burned out with interaction and back and forth promos with HBK and Austin. They just faced off on PPV 9 months ago, but this feels like a first time match up and the stakes are so much higher. Splendid job by the WWF.

HHH has some words for Owen, and Shawn and HHH single out this obviously drugged out woman at ringside and they make sure everyone knows they know she's a skank. Shawn does one of his better heel promos making fun of Austin/Vince as having a chick fight and giving himself credibility. Shawn is fantastic here and this is the last time we'll really see him in his best role I guess.

• 1 year later...

Good promo with more editing so this very well could have been Shawn working more of his own angle here, as I thought the threats towards Vince were. Still a strong promo on Shawn's part. Triple H is there, and nothing has been done to put Owen over in this feud at all, either by promo or by a match result or angle--#politicalhit indeed.

• 1 month later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1998-03-23-WWF-Raw] Interview: DX