Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-04-06-WCW-Nitro] Interview: NWO

Loss

• 2 months later...

They are implying now that Hogan ran over Savage in his Viper, and unless it involves Jerry Lawler and Eddie Gilbert, I hate vehicular assault in wrestling angles as a rule. Hogan ensures us that there are no problems with Nash and that they are like brothers, but Nash is nowhere to be found. I hate that Hogan won't call the pay-per-view by name. It's called Spring Stampede, Hulk, not "the pay-per-view". Hogan is pretty annoying here and despite reinventing himself brilliantly two years earlier is slowly becoming as stale as ever. He seems to be losing something by the week.

We cut to an earlier clip of the the attack on Savage and a red and yellow Viper speeds away. We also see the Disciple and Vincent lingering around talking about how this was NWO business. HOgan comes out with the B-teamers and I really think this is where the NWO became comedic in a way. Besides Big Poppa Pump, no one feels important in this entourage including mainstays like Hennig and Rude. They are just guys out there in an heel faction just because. Hogan keeps hyping the PPV but the issue seems much more heated vs. Nash at this point.

• 1 year later...

They tease that Savage was either hit by a Dodge Viper or thrown out of it. The Disciple gloats because God forbid we go one segment without him. Hogan brags about running over a speedbump on the way in. This NWO looks considerably less intimidating without Nash or Hall or Savage or Bischoff. I'm also amused by Hogan clearly not knowing the name of the next PPV, referring to it solely as "the pay-per-view." Oh, Loss already pointed that out.

• 1 month later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1998-04-06-WCW-Nitro] Interview: NWO